Virgin Media

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Verve Designs

TAFNO Extensionize
Reaction score
I know this is probably the wrong place for this, and feel free to delete it.

But is anyone else having problems visiting websites with Virgin Media?

Its SoOOooOOooOOoo frustrating and it's making me work on a Saturday when its blazingly hot, and I can't get at half of my emails!

I'm gonna cry my little eyes out! :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
How strange! It's probably a network routing issue; perhaps one of their network switches is down or something like that? One thing you could do is trying to "ping" the hostname of the websites or email servers that you want to contact, or even better doing a "tracert" (traceroute on Linux) - you should be able to do both of these from a Windows command prompt (just type "cmd" in the box on the Windows start menu)...

e.g on Windows, open a command prompt and type:

tracert www.edenextensions.co.uk

I used to be happy with Virgin Media... Used to. 8 technicians and countless hours of waiting for and allowing strangers into my home to drill holes in my walls and show their buttcracks to me made me so fed up, I switched to Sky. The problem I had was, I was paying for unstable signal. The signal jumps high and low within seconds causing tv channels to freeze and scramble, and Internet browsing to be painfully slow. Hopefully that's not the case with you.

I havent been able to get on here since friday or a few other sites rang virgin yesterday and a technician is coming out thursday yet tried this morning and hey presto got back on running slow but at least im back on hehe

Latest posts

Back