Virtually no free edge

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fab Freak

Reaction score
I wondered if you gals can help with some advice?

I sometimes get ladies coming to me with very little free edge - in fact it's that short it is vertually impossible to shape the nail to mirror the contact area, and at the moment I dont sculpt! But I am learning, so in the interim what can I do to combat this do I leave the well area bigger and if so how big?

I currently leave about 2mm and apply to the nail?

Would love to hear your suggestions/recommendations for this

Fab Freak said:
I wondered if you gals can help with some advice?

I sometimes get ladies coming to me with very little free edge - in fact it's that short it is vertually impossible to shape the nail to mirror the contact area, and at the moment I dont sculpt! But I am learning, so in the interim what can I do to combat this do I leave the well area bigger and if so how big?

I currently leave about 2mm and apply to the nail?

Would love to hear your suggestions/recommendations for this

Hi Louise

I'm a CND Master Tech and found the 'Makeover Magic' course absolutely brilliant re. this kind of problem. I took a 'nail biter' with me as my model..so...of course no free edge!

I only use CND products and noticed you were an OPI user so not sure what the equivalent would be materials/equipment wise, but, you need to do a lot of tailoring to the tips, cut out the 'saddle' area...use a gelbond adhesive to get yourself a nice lower arch...you don't want your enhancements stuck up at a peculiar angle!

Reduce your contact area as appropriate, if using P&W, create the illusion the nail plate is actually longer than it is if you can to make the enhancements look really pretty, by applying your whites not on the natural smile line.

Hope this helps a little

Good luck!!

Jenny - Nails x x x

Jenny-Nails said:
Hi Louise

I'm a CND Master Tech and found the 'Makeover Magic' course absolutely brilliant re. this kind of problem. I took a 'nail biter' with me as my model..so...of course no free edge!

I only use CND products and noticed you were an OPI user so not sure what the equivalent would be materials/equipment wise, but, you need to do a lot of tailoring to the tips, cut out the 'saddle' area...use a gelbond adhesive to get yourself a nice lower arch...you don't want your enhancements stuck up at a peculiar angle!

Reduce your contact area as appropriate, if using P&W, create the illusion the nail plate is actually longer than it is if you can to make the enhancements look really pretty, by applying your whites not on the natural smile line.

Hope this helps a little

Good luck!!

Jenny - Nails x x x

You can't be a magic makeover class................
It's what makes every Tech so Fab when it comes to problem nails !!!!!!!!!!
I loved mine !!!!!!!!!!!
Spot on Jenny babe !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the advise peeps. I will purchase some tip bond next time I go to OSNS - did have some but lost it!...Once I have done my L&P conversation in Summer hopefully I too can do a make over class on this very subject...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back