Visible scratches on L&P

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mani-fique!

Reaction score
Right.... I'm having a spot of bother with the finished look with L&P:rolleyes: I can't seem to get rid of the little scratch marks from the filing...... I use the solar oil and the koala then follow with the 'girlfriend' buffer but it dosn't seem enough.... What am I doing wrong???

xx Tamm

Mani-fique! said:
Right.... I'm having a spot of bother with the finished look with L&P:rolleyes: I can't seem to get rid of the little scratch marks from the filing...... I use the solar oil and the koala then follow with the 'girlfriend' buffer but it dosn't seem enough.... What am I doing wrong???

xx Tamm

What grit are you finishing with before your koala?

Little Angel said:
What grit are you finishing with before your koala?
I'm using the Hot Shot 180 grit.

Tamm

Hi Tamm,

It is great you are getting to grips with this - good on you.

After filing with your 180, try using the 240 side of the Koala, then the oil and the other side before using the girlfriend. Eventually you won't need the 180 side but you will go straight to the 240 to finish off.

Good luck and see if that helps any.

Heya!

Try using the white side of a Yankee buffer :green:

They are fab for ridding scratches :cool:

xxlaylaxx

naturalnails said:
Hi Tamm,

It is great you are getting to grips with this - good on you.

After filing with your 180, try using the 240 side of the Koala, then the oil and the other side before using the girlfriend. Eventually you won't need the 180 side but you will go straight to the 240 to finish off.

Good luck and see if that helps any.
Thanks Fiona I will give that a go! So simple I hadn't thought of it!! As far as getting to grips with it... well I'm getting there but its taking time... I can't seem to work out how thick the enhancement needs to be or put the apex in the right place..... I'm also having problems with my brush lol..... it doesn't hold its shape at its flag and every time I try to do the smile lines it turns into a right mess!!!

It never rains but it pours!!

Try using the white side of a Yankee buffer :green:
Is that the 180 side or the 1200 Layla.... if its the 1200 how does this differ from the koala?

xx Ta... Tamm

The Koala is a 240/1200 soft padded buffer for smoothing and oil buffing.

The yankee is a 180/1200 file....mostly used for Fibreglass finishing........

Is that the 180 side or the 1200 Layla.... if its the 1200 how does this differ from the koala?

To get that glass like finish, reduce your grid in stages.........from the lowest to the highest..............

So if you finished your surface smoothing with a 180, the next step is the 240 side, after that use the 1200 grid ; swipe the nail with a little solar oil and buff up with the 1200 grid, then take off the solar oil with a little scrubfresh and then use your girlfriend buffer....................
HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back