visit from Trading Standards -anybody?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

july

Reaction score
Hi there!
A question for all the geeks here, have you ever had a visit from Trading standards to your salon or home salon? I wasn't at home last week when a guy (very official looking, as my moter said) knocked at the door and ask for me. I wasn't at home at the time, so the guy said he was from Trading standards (or so my mum understood) and asked if I was running as business from home. Mum said I was mobile and gave him my mobile to contact me. I didn't hear back from him, but can't think why they would've contacted me.
What exactly do they do? Do they contact you when a client has complained? Anybosy had any experiences with them?
Thanks

Jules

Why don't you ring up your local Trading Standards office and ask why they visited you? Just in case he wasn't 'official'.

Trading standards are usually if the standards of trade are not upto standard. lol :lol:

Strange one this, maybe they are checking that u are not running a large salon from home???????? not sure really i would deffo ring the local office and ask why!

Good idea with contacting the local office. Can't think of anybody not being happy with my services, I always bend backwards to please my clients...
They deal with this kind of things, right?? :irked:

Sounds fishy to me, if trading standards were going to call normally they would make an appointment and a home nail tech is a bit out of their normal remit, usually they are looking for things like butchers selling condemned meat or toy shops with sub standard toys. I would also have expected him to have left a card with your mother asking you to contact him. I would defio have him checked out, sounds like someone trying to gain access to peeps homes, ie home salon would have cash on the premises. But then I'm a suspicious mare:lol:

Are you sure it wasn't a planning officer from your local council? He would be checking out if you were running a business from home ... I had it happen to me when some kind hearted soul decided to write a letter to the council to inform them about my self employment... only trouble was the "bubbling dogooders" had their facts wrong and resulted in a wasted visit. :smack:

Sounds fishy to me, if trading standards were going to call normally they would make an appointment and a home nail tech is a bit out of their normal remit, usually they are looking for things like butchers selling condemned meat or toy shops with sub standard toys. I would also have expected him to have left a card with your mother asking you to contact him. I would defio have him checked out, sounds like someone trying to gain access to peeps homes, ie home salon would have cash on the premises. But then I'm a suspicious mare:lol:

You are a suspicious mare - but then so am I! This is exactly what went through my mind too.

Latest posts

Back