Visiting nurse practitioner - legal & insurance

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Essexsiren

Reaction score
When working with a visiting nurse practitioner providing botox & fillers, and assuming they have personal indemnity insurance, what do we need to think of on the legal & licensing side?

Does our studio need any changes to it's insurance?
Do we need yet another council licence & visit?
Anything else?

Don’t know about additional licences or insurance as it’s not my area at all, so hoping someone else can advise.

However, I would strongly urge you to check that your nurse practitioner is still fully registered and ask to see their insurance details and ensure you take copies for your own records. Don’t ever just assume they are 100% legit because it they cause harm through negligence, you might be dragged into the subsequent court case.

In a previous life, I had responsibility for confirming medical qualifications and the number of times fake medics (either unqualified or struck off) have been caught practicing is very shocking, particularly UK fraudsters operating (literally!) overseas.

Don’t know about additional licences or insurance as it’s not my area at all, so hoping someone else can advise.

... I would strongly urge you to check that your nurse practitioner is still fully registered and ask to see their insurance details and ensure you take copies for your own records

I didn't mention it but will certainly be doing this. I think she is, but won't be trusting a facebook page to stand up in court :)

The bit I'm unsure about is whether our premises need insurance/licence/registration as well as her.

We had a microneedling site visit recently from the coundil where they worked to the tattoo and ear piercing forms, because they didn't have one for microneedling.
... 2 days later they decided we don't actually need a licence for microneedling, and sent the money back.

Latest posts

Back