Visors and face mask rules in England August 2020

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RED STAR

Reaction score
Can someone please confirm if from today - 14th July - hairdressers need to wear masks as well as visors?

Can someone please confirm if from today - 14th July - hairdressers need to wear masks as well as visors?
Do you mean 14th August ;)

Thats certainly how I read it on the Gov.uk website. Someone screen shot it on FB I'll see if I can find it

Screenshot_20200814-104334_Facebook.jpg

Do you mean 14th August ;)

Thats certainly how I read it on the Gov.uk website. Someone screen shot it on FB I'll see if I can find it

View attachment 210851
🤣🤣🤣
Doesn’t time fly when you’re having fun!
Yes I mean August
Thank you for your reply 😊

Hi
Can anyone confirm that hairdressers will have to wear both mask and visors as of tomorrow 15th August?

Thank you, I had read it somewhere but wasn't sure if it was definite government guidelines, that's going to be fun in this heat!!

I tried it Out with both on Monday as I had a feeling this would be the next step and yes it was hot! 😩🤣 ... government seem to be working backwards if you ask me 🤦🏻‍♀️

They certainly are, I feel it's a lot more difficult to communicate with clients with all this PPE on as well, good luck tomorrow 😩😩

You have to wear a mask which you cannot remove and replace casually during your shift. The guidelines don’t say whether a screen substitutes for a visor. I’m sure this is an oversight.

I have just bought a tilting podiatry screen which I was planning to use instead of a visor for facial services so I have been dismayed by these guidelines.

So today was the first day with mask, visor and glasses, struggled with the fog on the glasses ? Quite impossible to perform electrolysis, any tips ? Have tried tissue, anti fog spray and washing in soap and water.

So today was the first day with mask, visor and glasses, struggled with the fog on the glasses ? Quite impossible to perform electrolysis, any tips ? Have tried tissue, anti fog spray and washing in soap and water.
Yes, make sure that the metal wire in your mask is really well moulded to your nose and cheeks, so that the air goes out of the side of your mask, not the top. Also, it’s better to use a shield that has a gap at the top to let the warm air out

Yes, make sure that the metal wire in your mask is really well moulded to your nose and cheeks, so that the air goes out of the side of your mask, not the top. Also, it’s better to use a shield that has a gap at the top to let the warm air out
Oh, and also I have tried a few different masks and shields over the past few weeks and the one that is most comfortable with is the type that is like a pair of glasses- check out minarelo face shields, although there are many companies selling the same thing.

Latest posts

Back