Visors PPE?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RebeccaL

Reaction score
Hi, i currently just wear a visor and clients wear a face mask, as per guidelines in England. How many of you wear mask and visor together,as i read an article on here and have since found a few more suggesting a visor alone being inadequate. Should i move to wearing both? Thanks

Definitely. I’ve been wearing both since the start, it’s not great but it’s better safe than sorry. Visors only protect against larger droplets, smaller droplets can enter around the visor.
Still get your clients to wear a mask.

Definitely. I’ve been wearing both since the start, it’s not great but it’s better safe than sorry. Visors only protect against larger droplets, smaller droplets can enter around the visor.
Still get your clients to wear a mask.
Thankyou, yes i will start to wear both, you are right, better safe than sorry.

Hi @RebeccaL,

I have started to wear a mask as well as the visor on the run up to the guidelines changing from the 8th August - making it mandatory for clients to wear masks within the salon. I feel it is fairer when clients are having to wear them if we do so too, along with our visors to help keep everyone safer :)

Hi I wear a mask and then when working in the high risk zone, I put my visor on too. The visors which a glasses type frame are the most comfortable so far rather than my forehead having the pressure. Have any of you tried them yet ?

I have a glasses type visor and I prefer it too. The guidelines in England require us to wear a visor when within the social distancing range. I wear my visor as long as I’m with a client and pop on a mask when I’m close.

I’ve also got a visor which hangs around the neck with a sponge collar. It’s designed for opticians. That’s for over the face services when a visor isn’t protecting us. (I’ve used it for training, but I’m not offering facial services yet)

The guidelines say that if something isn’t safe unless you wear a mask, then It isn’t safe to do even with a mask. This is because only a properly fitted respirator that would protect you from tear gas will actually keep you safe. Most of us wouldn’t trust our masks to keep us safe from tear gas.

I have a glasses type visor and I prefer it too. The guidelines in England require us to wear a visor when within the social distancing range. I wear my visor as long as I’m with a client and pop on a mask when I’m close.

I’ve also got a visor which hangs around the neck with a sponge collar. It’s designed for opticians. That’s for over the face services when a visor isn’t protecting us. (I’ve used it for training, but I’m not offering facial services yet)

The guidelines say that if something isn’t safe unless you wear a mask, then It isn’t safe to do even with a mask. This is because only a properly fitted respirator that would protect you from tear gas will actually keep you safe. Most of us wouldn’t trust our masks to keep us safe from tear gas.
Where did you get your neck visor from? Haven’t seen those but good idea for when face treatments can restart.

I got mine from provizage.Com

very expensive so it might come down in price - but mine arrived within 2 days. it’s a bit weird, but I’ve had a practice and I felt safe which is the main thing.

I got mine from provizage.Com

very expensive so it might come down in price - but mine arrived within 2 days. it’s a bit weird, but I’ve had a practice and I felt safe which is the main thing.
Thanks. It does look weird & uncomfortable but as you say, it you feel safer it’s worth it.

Thanks is it comfortable to wear? Doesn't look very comfortable. How do you see past it when we're able to hopefully resume face treatments?

As a facial and massage visor it’s perfect. Doesn’t interfere with my movements at all, weightless and completely comfortable. I hardly notice it - except that I do feel a little warm inside my “space helmet”, even though it doesn’t touch the face. You look through it, it’s not possible to look past it - that’s how it provides greater protection.

I haven’t used mine for eyebrow shaping and lash treatments yet. There’s a lot of reflection and glare , but I’m hoping that I’ll be ok when I’ve got my face pointed downwards.

I use a mask and visor when client arrives and leaves and then use a podiatry screen between myself and my client during the treatment, so I can take my visor off. I have my mask taped with micropore tape to stop my glasses from steaming up, as suggested by my consultant Dr friend. Not sure how it will work if we are able to do facial work from next week.

I'm really struggling with wearing both a visor and mask.....I have to wear glasses too for close up work..they're steaming up..my visor is too... its an absolute nightmare. I also get glare which is not good when your doing dermaplaning.

I would definitely wear both. A visor alone doesn't seem sufficient to me for keeping the virus at bay.

I would definitely wear both. A visor alone doesn't seem sufficient to me for keeping the virus at bay.

I agree and revised U.K. guidelines require both now nana. :)

Definitely wear both, although I really hope they decide to go over to goggles instead of visors. I’m off work today with a thumping migraine due to wearing a fogged up sweating visor that can’t see through along with the reflection. My eyesight has definitely got worse since i’ve been back working.
This will definitely be my reason to quit if it doesn’t get better.

Definitely wear both, although I really hope they decide to go over to goggles instead of visors. I’m off work today with a thumping migraine due to wearing a fogged up sweating visor that can’t see through along with the reflection. My eyesight has definitely got worse since i’ve been back working.
This will definitely be my reason to quit if it doesn’t get better.
I know how you feel 😥 but I really do love my job and don't wanna give it up especially all the hard training ive done to get where I am today...plus costs involved 🙈

I will obviously keep to wearing both, I will persevere through this 👊

I know how you feel 😥 but I really do love my job and don't wanna give it up especially all the hard training ive done to get where I am today...plus costs involved 🙈
Good luck. I’m the same, worked very hard but it’s no longer enjoyable. I’m glad you still have the passion!

Hi - can I ask where you got your visor with round the neck sponge? I saw something similar on a US website but it worked out really expensive with the postage. Thanks - Karen x

Latest posts

Back