Visors PPE?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. It does look weird & uncomfortable but as you say, it you feel safer it’s worth it.
Are we still expected to wear a mask if we're wearing one of these provisage visors? (I'm in England) x

I'm really struggling with wearing both a visor and mask.....I have to wear glasses too for close up work..they're steaming up..my visor is too... its an absolute nightmare. I also get glare which is not good when your doing dermaplaning.
I sympathise as I wear reading glasses too. You could try what I do, which is to wear the mask as high up near your eyes as possible (having shaped the wire to contour over the bridge of your nose), then put your glasses on lowish, which pins the mask down and enable you to look over the top of your glasses when you're not doing close work. This seems to close the gap between mask and skin, so preventing your glasses from steaming up. It's a massive learning curve though, and time consuming putting it all on in the correct order and removing it all hygienically... good luck.

Good luck. I’m the same, worked very hard but it’s no longer enjoyable. I’m glad you still have the passion!
Feel your pain, I have been a therapist for 30 years and for the first time am not enjoying it.
STEAMING UO GLASSES is my main bug bear. HELP it doesn’t help that I have a medically induced menopause. Hot flushes = Steamy glasses 🥵

For anyone who wants to know more about mask wearing, visors & using screens then follow Madge's chat room on facebook.
It has been an excellent site for info coming from the government and how to interpret the guidelines.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/664067837729404/
Her latest zoom video covers Test & Trace for salons but she also makes it clear about what mask and physical barrier to use in treatments.

Feel your pain, I have been a therapist for 30 years and for the first time am not enjoying it.
STEAMING UO GLASSES is my main bug bear. HELP it doesn’t help that I have a medically induced menopause. Hot flushes = Steamy glasses 🥵
😓 that doesn’t sound pleasant bless you.

I wear a mask all of the time and so do my clients but I have a large plastic screen which is on wheels and I place this between us for all treatments which saves me wearing a visor. The screen is much larger than a visor and I just sterilize it between each client. This might be easier for those having problems (I had the same problems with steaming up and headaches)

I'm the same. I wear a mask when doing nails and my client does as well. I also have an acrylic screen between us at all times. But no visor.

I know how you feel 😥 but I really do love my job and don't wanna give it up especially all the hard training ive done to get where I am today...plus costs involved 🙈
Im
Hairdressing and have had a constant fuzzy head/migraine since trying to work with this as well . X

Im Hairdressing and have had a constant fuzzy head/migraine since trying to work with this as well . X

I suffer from migraines too so you have my utmost sympathy.
Are you drinking enough water to stay hydrated?
I think there’s a danger that some people are drinking less to reduce having to swap PPE and taking fewer toilet breaks but dehydration definitely causes headaches.

I’m an MUA waiting to do my first rescheduled wedding in a few weeks - I need reading glasses for close work or I wear my regular specs and pull down for close work.
I am still shopping for the next visor which will give me a great unfogged view - dreading eyeliner and individual lashes - even strips need detail work. I’m intending on wearing mask and visor.
Might speed up the work as less talking but not the pampering and relaxing treatment I’m known for.
Any visor recommendations- please link below - thank you and take care everyone x

I suffer from migraines too so you have my utmost sympathy.
Are you drinking enough water to stay hydrated?
I think there’s a danger that some people are drinking less to reduce having to swap PPE and taking fewer toilet breaks but dehydration definitely causes headaches.
I drink lots of diluted squash , , I will need cut down tea intake I think . ... we need a vent in the visor for a bit of air !

Oh my goodness I feel your pain. This is me too

I ordered some spray that is used for demisting motorcycle helmet visors & can be used on glasses too.
Won’t be using it until Tuesday but will report back if it works!!

Use skin tape Over the bridge area to stick the mask to your nose. It’s far more effective than metal wires assuming you aren’t allergic to the tape.

If you can find visors that you wear as spectacles, or the ones where the fro t liftsup (like a welders one,but light) they have the gap at the top to allow the fogging steam out.

I got the lift up kind from salons direct for £12 which included 10 visor shields with a single frame.
I found the specs ones on Amazon although they were posted badly and marked. But I now know a local.supplier.

Good luck.

If you can find visors that you wear as spectacles, or the ones where the fro t liftsup (like a welders one,but light) they have the gap at the top to allow the fogging steam out.

I got the lift up kind from salons direct for £12 which included 10 visor shields with a single frame.
I found the specs ones on Amazon although they were posted badly and marked. But I now know a local.supplier.

Good luck.
The specs ones can be worn over your own glasses too.

Latest posts

Back