Vista print website?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karen Minx

Reaction score
Do you think Vista print websites are good value for money or a money waster?

I currently have a premium package with them which gives me 5 pages for £5.98 a month and i am considering upgrading to their proffessional package which gives me unlimited pages, HTML and advanced editing for £8.97 a month. This works out £107.64 a year.

Is this good? Im not very computer techy and wouldn't know where to start when designing websites thats why i like Vista print has its all set out for me and it matches my business cards. All i have to do is add my info and edit it, im ok with all that, but now i want to add HTML so i can add some widget thingy a bobs :o and more pages but it isn't a urgent must.
How much roughly do you all pay for a website?

Hi hun,

I use Hostgator for hosting and a free Wordpress blog template used as pages rather than a blog.

I pay $7 per month and that's it. It'seasy to install, there's support if/when you need it, I can edit as I please, have as many pages as I like, have sub domains which don't cost any extra and change the template if I want.

I love it :D

Xx

Oh. And you don't need to know html as it has a wysiwyg editor.

Xx

Hi Karen, i have the professional package and im really pleased with my website, it does really well for my business so i would say its definately worth it. What i would say though on the downside is that it doesnt end with the £8.97 a month. Alot of the things on it you have to 'upgrade' again to get and before I knew it my monthly bill ended up being about £15.00 which i wasnt so happy about!

So all in all it is good and i still think its worth it but just look out for hidden extra costs xx

Hi Karen, i have the professional package and im really pleased with my website, it does really well for my business so i would say its definately worth it. What i would say though on the downside is that it doesnt end with the £8.97 a month. Alot of the things on it you have to 'upgrade' again to get and before I knew it my monthly bill ended up being about £15.00 which i wasnt so happy about!

So all in all it is good and i still think its worth it but just look out for hidden extra costs xx
Ahh thanks for the tip!

Could i manage to keep it costing £8.97 a month if i weren't tempted to upgrade to little extras or not?

Hi, I use moonfruit , I'm only on their free package at the mo and get 15 pages I think? Have a look the prices are pretty reasonable .

Hi, I use moonfruit , I'm only on their free package at the mo and get 15 pages I think? Have a look the prices are pretty reasonable . My website is home - i love nails london have a look, I bought my domain name separately but with their other packages you get a domain name

too many different colours hun.. Try and keep your text and colours to just 1 font, and colours to two max. Take a look at Newcastle & Sunderland Mobile Beauticians - Gentle Hands Beauty Treatments which is my other halves site.

Imo, its attractive, simple and easy on the eye to read.

too many different colours hun.. Try and keep your text and colours to just 1 font, and colours to two max. Take a look at Newcastle & Sunderland Mobile Beauticians - Gentle Hands Beauty Treatments which is my other halves site.

Imo, its attractive, simple and easy on the eye to read.

thanks, must be the designer in me but I cant help but add colour, I think that site is a bit too plain for tbh, I want my site to be different and reflect me , I hear where your coming from tho :)

I use yolasite site it's a one off payment I think. I just use the free one which I'm happy with x

thanks, must be the designer in me but I cant help but add colour, I think that site is a bit too plain for tbh, I want my site to be different and reflect me , I hear where your coming from tho :)

Of course, but dont go OTT with colours and fonts etc.. people will just click off the site due to it being to "much"

Hi, I use moonfruit , I'm only on their free package at the mo and get 15 pages I think? Have a look the prices are pretty reasonable .
Thankyou hun. :)
I like your site, and the colours too xxx

Ahh thanks for the tip!

Could i manage to keep it costing £8.97 a month if i weren't tempted to upgrade to little extras or not?

Yeah sure i think you definately could, i couldnt remember what id added exactly that put my price up so ive just had a look at my account and it says ive got 'advanced design tools' which is an extra £3.99 a month so if you dont have that itll keep the price down xx

remember its 8.97 plus vat i need to actually look at mine because its costing me 10.80 or something and like someone else said they have a lot of hidden costs x

Yeah sure i think you definately could, i couldnt remember what id added exactly that put my price up so ive just had a look at my account and it says ive got 'advanced design tools' which is an extra £3.99 a month so if you dont have that itll keep the price down xx
Ahhh i've just upgrading hoping i would get that feature and i have'nt its another add on! :irked: lol

Oops, i thought i was starting a new thread not replying to one - ignore me!

Latest posts

Back