Vistaprint questions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachirv

Reaction score
Hello again, blimey, you are all going to be sick of reading my threads soon.
So the lovely carl @ verve is doing my logo for me, and I am going to do my website through vistaprint i think, as I am going to get all my business cards etc printed with them too, and I like to use one place rather than use different websites for different things.

Anyways, I was woundering a couple of things about vista print:
1: Once I have made my website, can I edit it whenever I like to update prices and information etc?
2: My colour scheme is charcoal grey and fushia pink, howver i cant find a website design on here that is those colours, does anybody know if it is possible to do a blank one and change the background colours etc?
3: If i buy my domain off 123-reg, can I still use that to make my website? or do I have to buy the domain directly from vistaprint?

thanks in advance, im sure i'll be back soon with more questions!

rachel

Hello again, blimey, you are all going to be sick of reading my threads soon.
So the lovely carl @ verve is doing my logo for me, and I am going to do my website through vistaprint i think, as I am going to get all my business cards etc printed with them too, and I like to use one place rather than use different websites for different things.

Anyways, I was woundering a couple of things about vista print:
1: Once I have made my website, can I edit it whenever I like to update prices and information etc?
2: My colour scheme is charcoal grey and fushia pink, howver i cant find a website design on here that is those colours, does anybody know if it is possible to do a blank one and change the background colours etc?
3: If i buy my domain off 123-reg, can I still use that to make my website? or do I have to buy the domain directly from vistaprint?

thanks in advance, im sure i'll be back soon with more questions!

rachel

Hiya! I made this wrong business choice. First off I used vistaprint. I then saw threads on here for Carl.

My advice would be to get Carl to design your website at £25. And NO vistaprint do not allow you any other domains apart from their own. You may be able to obtain the domain you want though through vistaprint. yes you can change it whenever you want through their dashboard.

BUT, I would very strongly advise, get carl to design the graphics for your website which will be based around your logo, then ask him to get in touch with ruth at salon alchemy to put your website into action! With ruth she requires you purchase your domain from 123.reg, i think its about £6 for 2 years for a .co.uk domain. Vistaprint's websites are SO basic, i dont think they look all that professional either! The business cards are rubbish too and SO small.

I also got carl to design me a double sided business card, with a loyalty card on the back for £15 and then printed 500 with (god cant remember their name but carl will have it) for around £20 incl free postage!

PLEEEASE take my advice as i was really bummed with the service i received from vista and the basic web page i got! x

Vistaprint are awful!! I learnt the hard way, and will go elsewhere next time I need business cards done. xxx

Hiya! I made this wrong business choice. First off I used vistaprint. I then saw threads on here for Carl.

My advice would be to get Carl to design your website at £25. And NO vistaprint do not allow you any other domains apart from their own. You may be able to obtain the domain you want though through vistaprint. yes you can change it whenever you want through their dashboard.

BUT, I would very strongly advise, get carl to design the graphics for your website which will be based around your logo, then ask him to get in touch with ruth at salon alchemy to put your website into action! With ruth she requires you purchase your domain from 123.reg, i think its about £6 for 2 years for a .co.uk domain. Vistaprint's websites are SO basic, i dont think they look all that professional either! The business cards are rubbish too and SO small.

I also got carl to design me a double sided business card, with a loyalty card on the back for £15 and then printed 500 with (god cant remember their name but carl will have it) for around £20 incl free postage!

PLEEEASE take my advice as i was really bummed with the service i received from vista and the basic web page i got! x

Yes carl is doing my logos, and im going to get him to do my business cards designs and price lists etc, but do I not need to get them printed via somebody like vistaprint?
I thought about getting ruth to do my website, but didnt know how much she charges and I had a feeling it might be a lot coz she work is amazing. would you mind PMing me with some information please?
thanks xx

If you have a look on twitter using #bizitalk or #bizipig you will find numerous competitive quotes for websites.
I've done my own through Yola (you can change colours and use your own domain name with them) and it was very easy. However I'm in the process of setting up a (different) business and due to lack of time have been debating getting someone else to do it.
I've had a quote for a logo for £15 (not using templates) and £200 for an 8page website with full control management system and lifetime tech support. Its definitely worth using twitter to see what's out there as there are lots of new/small businesses that are looking to support other small businesses!

Last edited:
Hi, god I was just about to order business cards and flyers from vista print! Could you please give me Carls contact details. Thanks x

I need a logo designing, how do I contact Carl ?
Many thanks

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back