Vitagel by Gelish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emma21287

Reaction score
Hi

I have just been on the gelish website and seen vitagel. Has anyone tried this yet if so how did you find it?? Is it used as a base coat and you can then apply colour over the top or does it have to be used on its own??

Xxx

Both...although I think Strength is best used on It's own, and Recover is only as a basecoat.

I am currently trialling it on myself.

I had Strength on both hands on its own and it looked fab, nice shiny manicured nails. However I had been in a hurry and hadn't dehydrated my right hand nails before applying. Within a day it was off, it all peeled off my nails in one piece! The other had was still perfect...so proper prep is a MUST!
I then applied the Recover to my right hand (after a proper prep) then applied Gelish over all my nails
Therefore I have Strength on one hand as basecoat under Gelish...and Recover on the other as a basecoat under Gelish. I am very heavy on my hands but that has been a week so far and my Gelish is still perfect and my nails seem very strong, more so the right hand nails.

I obviously have not tried a removal yet so will see how that goes in another week or so.

Oh keep us posted Izzidoll please.

Izzidoll

I'm really interested to see what you think, thanks for sharing and trialling lol.xx

Hi thank you so much for your reply. Please keep me posted on how you find it xx

Oh yes, please keep us posted on your trial. I love this site :D

Ill be very interested to watch this space too. Did u apply foundation before vitagel? X

Interesting! Thanks for trialling for us izzidoll. ;) Keep us up dated :)

Has any other Gelish'ers' trialled it yet?

That's interesting, so, am I correct in thinking that the right hand which has the recover on it feels stronger than the left which has the strength on it?

I am also interested to see how you get on, may well get some of this too xx

Ill be very interested to watch this space too. Did u apply foundation before vitagel? X
No Foundation....both Strength and Recover clearly say they work best when in contact with the natural nail.
That's interesting, so, am I correct in thinking that the right hand which has the recover on it feels stronger than the left which has the strength on it?

Yes, the right hand with Recover definitely feel less flexible. There is still a bit of flex though, so I feel they are nice and tough rather than hard.

Bear in mind my fellow geeks I do not have long nails and they are maybe a couple of millimetres past the end of my finger.

It will be interesting to hear how everyone else is getting on with these and what results we get with our clients.

I have just trialled the strengthener on my mums Nails and also doing mine tonight and will compare in a couple Of weeks. Put the vitagel strengthener on the nail plate with no foundation. Have included a pic of my mums nails today

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1351102753.122640.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1351102753.122640.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 1,193
I have tried the Recovery on my own hands with nothing on top, i removed after a week and can feel they are slightly better, am going to reapply and put a colour on and see how they go, i am going on hols on saturday so am slightly nervous that they wont last and i wont be able to do anything!!!

Hi all, i'm from Belgium and also have the vitagels (both strenghth and recovery) and so far my experience is really bad:
It peels off so easy, in one whole peace, and that is with propper preparing (i have been doing Gelish manicures for over a year now and never have any peeling or chipping).

I am just testing it for myself as i'm afraid to offer it to clients when it comes off so easy.

I first tested recovery on it's own, it looks nice and i felt i had stronger nails but i tried the peel-test (i know some of my clients can't resist it either to fidget with their nails) and it all just came off (without sticking to the nailplate as the foundation would do).

Now i have on strenght with gelish color over it for 2 days and so far so good but i think it holds better because of the TIO.
I'm afraid it will come off just as easy.

What i also find difficult to understand is that both bottles have large brushes (not short like the foundation) so you can't really "massage" in the product.

As i see it now, it's kind of a rip-off to me, but i'm looking forward to reading more reviews...

I've used the strengthener 3 times this week, all under a gelish colour and had no complaints, I have it on myself with good gossip and it's doing fine....however tonight I used recovery under backstage beauty...I had to remove the lot :eek: wrinkled is an understatement! Now I have no idea if it was the combination of recovery and that colour or if that colour is a problem...will try again tomorrow.

I also should say it soaked off really strangely... It kind of expanded pat the free edge then lifted slid off in one sheet?!

Just an update...I made a point of using the same colour backstage beauty a few times today, on both normal and vitagel bases....applied thin as possible and thicker. On the thin coats it wrinkled really badly but top coat seemed to smooth it over, on my own nails I applied it thicker over vintagel strength...it badly wrinkled and was still bumpy after a top coat....ive just literally wiped it off with my thumb :( it was as though it hadn't cured at all....the vintagel base is fine though :?::?:

Anyone else had a problem?

Both...although I think Strength is best used on It's own, and Recover is only as a basecoat.

I am currently trialling it on myself.

I had Strength on both hands on its own and it looked fab, nice shiny manicured nails. However I had been in a hurry and hadn't dehydrated my right hand nails before applying. Within a day it was off, it all peeled off my nails in one piece! The other had was still perfect...so proper prep is a MUST!
I then applied the Recover to my right hand (after a proper prep) then applied Gelish over all my nails
Therefore I have Strength on one hand as basecoat under Gelish...and Recover on the other as a basecoat under Gelish. I am very heavy on my hands but that has been a week so far and my Gelish is still perfect and my nails seem very strong, more so the right hand nails.

I obviously have not tried a removal yet so will see how that goes in another week or so.

Just wondering what the verdict is on completion of the trial?

Still wearing mine coming into the second week x

I'm wearing the strengthener at the moment x

Latest posts

Back