Quantcast

Vivid colour - help, advice & suggestions please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

IndigoBlue

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a client in 2 weeks that haven't seen in a year and she has had nothing applied to her hair since that appointment.
The client is a copper base 8 which I lowlighted with Wella KP in three shades of vibrant reds. This is pretty much faded back to natural (even with aftercare advice I think she must use a pretty potent shampoo and spent time in the sun!)
I will add a photo of her hair now and her new inspo photo.
The new inspo photo is very vibrant and I would think with some pre-lightening and some permanent and overlay with direct dye OR possibly Pulp Riot boosters with 6 vol.
Can anyone advise on the best way to get a vivid and lasting colour,really torn between direct,semi or formulating a cocktail of permanent. I use any range as I am mobile. I really want to get started with Pulp Riot as the reviews are so good.
Thanks.

Attachments

HairbyJess

Reaction score
Matrix have some great permanent reds in Socolour beauty range. For your result I would use 8GC on roots blended with 7RR+ on ends. It may be fractionally darker than photo but would definitely be permanent. Also Matrix SoColour cult has some great vivid colours. You can either buy them as a direct dye or as a demi. Depending on the peroxide you use it can be demi or even permanent. Their website is very clear and explanatory.

IndigoBlue

Reaction score
I have been following their education through lock down as I have heard their reds are good. I have managed to find out the client uses a medicated shampoo which explains the colour fade,it is so hard when you have explained the situation with after care! We have decided on permanent rather than lightener and demi so I will look into Matrix. Thank you!

Latest posts