Vivid colour - help, advice & suggestions please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IndigoBlue

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a client in 2 weeks that haven't seen in a year and she has had nothing applied to her hair since that appointment.
The client is a copper base 8 which I lowlighted with Wella KP in three shades of vibrant reds. This is pretty much faded back to natural (even with aftercare advice I think she must use a pretty potent shampoo and spent time in the sun!)
I will add a photo of her hair now and her new inspo photo.
The new inspo photo is very vibrant and I would think with some pre-lightening and some permanent and overlay with direct dye OR possibly Pulp Riot boosters with 6 vol.
Can anyone advise on the best way to get a vivid and lasting colour,really torn between direct,semi or formulating a cocktail of permanent. I use any range as I am mobile. I really want to get started with Pulp Riot as the reviews are so good.
Thanks.

Attachments

• Jade.jpg
    Jade.jpg
    655.7 KB · Views: 14
  • Jade inspo.jpg
    Jade inspo.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 15
Matrix have some great permanent reds in Socolour beauty range. For your result I would use 8GC on roots blended with 7RR+ on ends. It may be fractionally darker than photo but would definitely be permanent. Also Matrix SoColour cult has some great vivid colours. You can either buy them as a direct dye or as a demi. Depending on the peroxide you use it can be demi or even permanent. Their website is very clear and explanatory.

I have been following their education through lock down as I have heard their reds are good. I have managed to find out the client uses a medicated shampoo which explains the colour fade,it is so hard when you have explained the situation with after care! We have decided on permanent rather than lightener and demi so I will look into Matrix. Thank you!

Latest posts

Back