Vote On My Choices Of Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Artisan Nails did love marcs out of ten but no mention of what u do and yes do think very carfully about partnership i do beauty as well both my friend n i trained 2gether then got the opportunity to rent room 2gether which we took up said would sort out legal stuff after set up we had been friends for over 10years new everythin about each other started work together within 10 days every thing went pear shaped we relised we worked so differently from each other she would question me why i did things certian ways we never spoke then for nearly 2 years alls well now so good luck on pickin your new name and good luck with your new buisness

I like Artisan Nails it sounds good gives me a mental picture that you are an artist at what you do, so it must be good.

OMG can you believe it! Old grumpychops here and I agree with everything everyone has said so far. I LURVE the name Marcs out of Ten, but as already said it doesn't tell the uninitiated what you do, so Artisan Nails gets my vote - says what you do and A goes at the front of directory advertising, and makes you sound classy. Can't agree more with Geeg though. My step dad was in a partnership and it was a disaster, it is something I would NEVER do (I know you should never say never but ho hum). You start off all positive and then if you aren't careful little niggles become big arguments. Keep the business as yours so you have total control, if this person is good and you want to open your own premises then either employ her, or rent space to her. Good luck!

geeg said:
Re partnerships!! I once almost went into partenrship with a girl who did great nails (you do not know yet whether this girl wil do great nails or not). Went to a lawyer, who specialized in setting up partnerships and this is what she said. (This is free advice to you ... it cost me!)

She told us that 90% of partnerships fail and she spent just as much time disolving them as setting them up.

She told us to go home and think carefully for a week about what we were doing, and to make our final decision then. During this week we were to examine every thought we had about the partnership and that if either of us had even the slightest doubt or misgiving , to not go ahead with it. Best advice I ever had ... it would have been a disaster.

We never went ahead with it. I felt this girl and her moods would eventually annoy me despite the fact she did excellent nails. She thought I might be too controling (what a silly idea :D ) there is allot to think about here.

A partnership is like a marriage. You can be stuck in a bad situation. One partner always thinks they do more than the other. Who keeps the books? Who is responsible for the decor? Do you have the same atitude towards customer service? Are the nails going to be as good as each other?

This is a skilled art you are learning ... not everyone has the gift. Think carefully before you act here.
totaly agree!

marcs out of ten is cool!

geeg said:
I once almost went into partenrship with a girl who did great nails (you do not know yet whether this girl wil do great nails or not). Went to a lawyer, who specialized in setting up partnerships and this is what she said. (This is free advice to you ... it cost me!)

She told us that 90% of partnerships fail and she spent just as much time disolving them as setting them up.

She told us to go home and think carefully for a week about what we were doing, and to make our final decision then. During this week we were to examine every thought we had about the partnership and that if either of us had even the slightest doubt or misgiving , to not go ahead with it. Best advice I ever had ... it would have been a disaster.

We never went ahead with it. I felt this girl and her moods would eventually annoy me despite the fact she did excellent nails. She thought I might be too controling (what a silly idea :D ) there is allot to think about here.

A partnership is like a marriage. You can be stuck in a bad situation. One partner always thinks they do more than the other. Who keeps the books? Who is responsible for the decor? Do you have the same atitude towards customer service? Are the nails going to be as good as each other?

This is a skilled art you are learning ... not everyone has the gift. Think carefully before you act here.

That is so true and excellent advice to think on.

I too love the names Artisan Nails and Marcs out of Ten though as suggested previously, the former name would be more descriptive...

Hiya,
Artisan nails is the most original name Ive heard in a long time, I like it but somehow it doesnt seem to 'flow' for me, jmho :rolleyes:
I like Marcs out of ten, or for me ... Marc's Top Ten, but, I see where peeps are coming from with it not quite saying what you do.
Choose very carefully, I still cringe when I see my business name in print, lol!

yeah i like artisan nails sounds very classy , i wish i had asked these guys before coming up with my business name!! as for partnerships i wouldnt go near , in my experience they just dont work, the only person who i would be a partner with is my hubby (coz he provides all the money lol , and he wouldnt get too involved) but even if you have been best friends with someone for donkeys years working together you will probably fall out , i worked with my best friend once! never again ! friends and work just dont seem to mix, just my opinion love dee

You could do Artisan Nails by Marc!!! Just another opinion!!! This way you are at the beginning of the phone book, letting people know what you do and are incorporating your name into it!!!!

HTH!!!!!! :D

I like Artisan nails.

Totally agree with Geeg about partnership take on board whats she says she's really clued up on these things.

Latest posts

Back