Vote On My Choices Of Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcpunter

Reaction score
thanks everyone for all their suggestions for a name for my business...i have chosen a few but cant decide what one to choose from..so what i really need is a vote on what sounds more classy, draws eyes, etc here goes

Artisan Nails
Glossy Nails
A Touch of Marc
Embelished Touch
Make your Marc
Marcs out of Ten
Marcs of Distinction
Nail it with Marc

i might be going into a partnership with a friend called Raquel who is also training at Creative on the same courses as me so another suggestion is we combine out names together and we came up with the name

MarQuel Nails
Marc-Quel Nails
ArcQuel Nails
Get Nailing with Marquel

what do you think guys...look forward to the votes! and any more suggestion you may have!!! gotta remember this is the name i will want for my business for EVER!

thanks love you all mwah mwah! xxxxx

I like 'Get Nailed with Marquel' or 'Nail it with Marc' Hope this helps you decide.
Jenny

As you say, this will be your name for EVER LOL - what happens in the future if the salon wants to add on bits like beauty etc and you choose a "nails only" name. Equally what happens if your partnership changes for whatever reason, you will constantly get asked about the other half of the name. I just love playing devil's advocate LOL.

I like Marcs out of Ten and Embellished Touch.

Marcs out of Ten get my vote! :D

Marcs out of Ten, for me

I do like Embellished Touch it has a nice note to it but otherwise they are all good x

I love "Embellished Nails" as well, and when you do decide to include beauty treatments you can say " Embellished Nails & Beauty" so no real change.

I do agree when you are going into a partnership it can be tricky with a name if one day you decide to go your seperate ways, i too think of all aspects of stuff like that, not saying it will go wrong, but just thinking ahead. You may just decide that you both want different things, but i do like "MarQuel's Nails".

Hope you decide from our help.

Hi Marc,

You have some great names there - you're obviously very creative!

I prefer 'Artisan Nails' for four reasons -

1. it says 'nails'
2. it's unique
3. it'll be one of the first in the phone book
4. it's a name that could grow with you! I can imagine it above your salon with all your staff in thier 'Artisan Nails' uniform - very classy!

Good luck with whatever you go with!

Best wishes,

Karen

I'm gonna play devil's advocate here as well ;) I really love the names with Marc in them (my fav. is marcs of distinction) but nothing in there tells me what the business is so be careful to have something with the word nail in otherwise you will not attract as easily.

hi

like "MarcQuel Nails" you can always add "& beauty" think it would look good on your signage and also as a logo on your cards.

I personally thing anything with get nailed, nail by etc is to much like a rude saying (in my neck of the woods anyway) and sounds cheap

and I agree with Carole about a reference to the Nails within your business...as clever as marcs of out Ten might be does it say what you do or who you are...

I personally think if you want something with style then Artisan Nails sounds like a beautifull salon that gives beautiful treatments....

Yep agree with Louise and Caz i think Artisan Nails is the best option even though i still like Embellished Touch but at least with the 'nails' it gives reference to what you do x

I agree with Carole too, although I like Marcs of Distinction as well!
My business name is Natalie's Beauty - boring I know and there are probably a load of other 'so-and-sos Beauty's' out there but at least I know that I wouldnt need to go changing it in a hurry. It says who I am and what I do, so there is no confusion. These are just things that you need bare in mind...
Hope this helps!

Well naturally Artisan nails gets my vote ... lets hope you become the artisan you want to be so you can deliver on the promise!! :biggrin: I'm sure you will.

Re partnerships!! I once almost went into partenrship with a girl who did great nails (you do not know yet whether this girl wil do great nails or not). Went to a lawyer, who specialized in setting up partnerships and this is what she said. (This is free advice to you ... it cost me!)

She told us that 90% of partnerships fail and she spent just as much time disolving them as setting them up.

She told us to go home and think carefully for a week about what we were doing, and to make our final decision then. During this week we were to examine every thought we had about the partnership and that if either of us had even the slightest doubt or misgiving , to not go ahead with it. Best advice I ever had ... it would have been a disaster.

We never went ahead with it. I felt this girl and her moods would eventually annoy me despite the fact she did excellent nails. She thought I might be too controling (what a silly idea :D ) there is allot to think about here.

A partnership is like a marriage. You can be stuck in a bad situation. One partner always thinks they do more than the other. Who keeps the books? Who is responsible for the decor? Do you have the same atitude towards customer service? Are the nails going to be as good as each other?

This is a skilled art you are learning ... not everyone has the gift. Think carefully before you act here.

geeg said:
Well naturally Artisan nails gets my vote ... lets h ope you become the artisan you want to be so you can deliver on the promise!! :biggrin: I'm sure you will.

Re partnerships!! I once almost went into partenrship with a girl who did gret nails (youdo not know yet whether this girl wil do grea nail or not). Went to the lawyer, who specialized in setting up partnershipsand this is what she said. This is free advice to you ... it cost me!

She told us that 90% of partnerships fail and she spent just as much time disolving hem as setting them up.

She told us to go home and think carefully for a week about what we were doing, and to make our final decision then. During this week we were to examine every thought we had about the partnership and that if either of us had even the slightest doubt or misgiving , to not go ahead with it. Best advice I ever had ... it would have been a disaster.

We never went ahead with it. I felt this girl and her moods would eventually annoy me despite the fact she did excellent nails. She thought I might be too controling (what a silly idea :D ) there is allot to think about here.

A partnership is like a marriage. You can be stuck in a bad situation. One always thinks they do more than the other. Who keeps the books? Who is responsible for the decor? Do you have the same atitude towards customer service? Are the nails going to be as good as each other?

This is a skilled art you are learning ... not everyone has the gift. Think carefully before you act here.
Totally agree with Geeg just the word partnership scares me! its not a decision i would contemplate being an extremely independant person but my boss is in partnership and its now expanded and we are the only firm with the most partners around our area! the only thing is trying to fit all their names in but weve given up on that! (its still a mouthful at Jerman, Simpson, Pearson & Samuels and theres still partners not in the name!) but it is something to strongly think about x

'Artisan Nails' gets my vote too. It sounds classy :cool:

Gotta agree with Geeg on partnerships!

I went in to partnership with my very best friend (not nails - fashion). We were both very similiar, so similar that we both wanted to design and neither wanted to sell the products. The partnership broke up within 18 months and I've never seen nor spoken to her since (that was ten years ago)...and sadly probably never will.

From your posts it sounds as if you have the imagination and determination to make it work on your own. With your family's support I'm sure you will make it work.

Best wishes,

Karen

ooooooooh thanks for all your REPLIES!!! im so popular now lol heehee

right ive gone dowjn to just two now...

Artisan Nails
Embelished Touch
hmmmmm i think its gonna be artisan nails...one being it is in the front of the yellow pages..its sophicated, and classy...and had the word nails in so people know what my business is and will look fantastic on my uniform and business cars etc

THANK YOU GUYS! LOVE YOU ALL LOTS xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

marcpunter said:
ooooooooh thanks for all your REPLIES!!! im so popular now lol heehee

right ive gone dowjn to just two now...

Artisan Nails
Embelished Touch
hmmmmm i think its gonna be artisan nails...one being it is in the front of the yellow pages..its sophicated, and classy...and had the word nails in so people know what my business is and will look fantastic on my uniform and business cars etc

THANK YOU GUYS! LOVE YOU ALL LOTS xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Great choice and hope it brings you much success x

Yes Marc - Artisan Nails is chic and original. You also sound like a go-getter who will be successful without anyone else. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back