Vr02

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eurydice

Reaction score
Theres one particular Q Im struggling with on this assignment for my nail treatments course, be glad if anyone can shed some light

Why must practices be non discriminatory when dealing with colleagues, customers and visitors to the workplace?

Theres one particular Q Im struggling with on this assignment for my nail treatments course, be glad if anyone can shed some light

Why must practices be non discriminatory when dealing with colleagues, customers and visitors to the workplace?

I think its the same reason anyone shouldn't be discriminatory....age, race, culture, religion, .... example...you cant go saying to someone "sorry i don't do OAP's" cos thats discrimination against age...its all about Human rights...and some forms of discrimination are illegal.

see if this helps...Employee Discrimination on Immigration Issues | Illigal Imigration

Good lord no offence but I am STUNNED you cant figure that answer out!!! Try to reverse it and imagine if practices WERE discrimatory against race, religion etc........imagine how that would work or wouldnt work!! Sometimes you need to really sit and think before you ask for help!! This is quite basic stuff!! Good luck!!

:hug::hug:

Good lord no offence but I am STUNNED you cant figure that answer out!!! Try to reverse it and imagine if practices WERE discrimatory against race, religion etc........imagine how that would work or wouldnt work!! Sometimes you need to really sit and think before you ask for help!! This is quite basic stuff!! Good luck!!

:hug::hug:

I know that its WRONG to discriminate! But I am sure that one line won't do an an answer so I was wondering if anyone had anything more sophisticated I could write, as Im not very good with words! I have thought and if i knew what to write I wouldnt as for help. No offence taken! :)

I have problems putting things into word too but I hope this helps,

Everyone has the right to be treated equally regardless of their, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity or ability.
All workplaces have to abide by the Equal Opportunities Policy.
Discriminatory practice is illegal and not congenial to any environment.

Hope this helps.

cant remember what it's called, but there is a disability rights act that must be adhered to as well

Marion

cant remember what it's called, but there is a disability rights act that must be adhered to as well

Marion

There is a Disability Rights Act but I think they all come under one umbrella now. My hubbie teaches Psychology and Equal Opps but he's gone to bed so I can't ask him.

DDA disability and discrimination act 1995 and SENDA is the addition .. we have to be be seen to be making "reasonable adjustments" to ensure our services are availiable to all... why??? its the law.. so your answer could be " to make sure everyone is treated fairly inline with the goverment legislation" ie DDA etc... id mark that as correct.. pm me if you want anymore details on VR02...

I have problems putting things into word too but I hope this helps,

Everyone has the right to be treated equally regardless of their, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity or ability.
All workplaces have to abide by the Equal Opportunities Policy.
Discriminatory practice is illegal and not congenial to any environment.

Hope this helps.

i think this is a great answer

Latest posts

Back