VTCT assessment issues

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Essexgary

Reaction score
Hi Everyone.

Do we need to get assessed at the centre that actually trained us? Having trouble getting a suitable assessment date as the lady will only asses on a Sunday.... Also, She would not let us assess on each other (we booked as a 2). Does it matter if we asses on each other?
Gary

I think you need to check the wording of the course regulations regarding suitability of clients for assessment. Your training centre should be able to provide a copy on request otherwise contact VTCT administration and ask for a copy.
If the regs say that you can use fellow students, or if they don’t specify any eligibility criteria, then I’m not sure that your assessor has the authority to refuse your choice of client, so I would definitely question this with VTCT staff directly.

Only offering Sundays for assessment is extremely limiting and could be deemed unlawful if you were prevented from attending due to religious conviction. Again, I’d speak to someone at VTCT to find out what options you have for being assessed elsewhere.

Here’s the link to their main contact details.

[email protected]. Tel: +44 (0) 23 8068 4500

Latest posts

Back