VTCT health and safety,not included !!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillian w

Reaction score
My husband has just started an 18 week part time vtct course in reflexology to be told that he will have to do the health and safety part as a separate course and that this is now what will happen because health and safety has become such a major part and i guess cant be taught inthe tome frame.
His tutor said itec will be doing the same.So obviously this will mean longer to be qualified and double the money.A lot of people are very cross as they started the course not aware of this.Does anyone else know about this or is this just this particular college.
I presume this will be the same for all courses.

i thought health & safety was part of the course. can't see how you can train without knowing the health & safety part of it ( i could be wrong) maybe you should contact vtct direct and ask them. i think the college should have made things a bit clearer.

I have just found this out for my students too, but dont worry it is not a very long course, it might mean that your hubby gets to complete it within the course that he is undertaking at the mo, or it could be a case of the course tutor just adding on 1 or 2 more lessons to the end of the course to get it completed.

Also it shouldnt mean a large course fee my students have only got to pay £16 and this is just to get their assessment books for tutor to complete. this unit can also be completed by assignments but this is down to the college to decide which why they are wanting to do it.

HTH.:hug:

My husband has just started an 18 week part time vtct course in reflexology to be told that he will have to do the health and safety part as a separate course and that this is now what will happen because health and safety has become such a major part and i guess cant be taught inthe tome frame.
His tutor said itec will be doing the same.So obviously this will mean longer to be qualified and double the money.A lot of people are very cross as they started the course not aware of this.Does anyone else know about this or is this just this particular college.
I presume this will be the same for all courses.

Hi Gillian

I dont know the college that your hubby is at but where I teach the VR02 and VR74 which are the H&S units are toaught in class as part of which ever course you are taking e.g. nails.

So I dont understand how he needs to do it separate!

Mayby it is different in other parts of the country!:hug:

Don't worry hun, the VTCT H&S (D1120) is worth doing. The main reason the college might do it as a separate course is that once you have passed it lasts for 3 years :)and will cover any other VTCT courses you do in that time i.e nails, massage, beauty etc.

It can be a drag for other students in the main course to cover it every time :zzz:so keeping it separate gives all students the same time for the main one. htms

Latest posts

Back