VTCT - Is it recommended/recognised? Please help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Staci87

Reaction score
Hi,

I am thinking of enroling in a nail technicians course at a local college of mine and the qualification I would obtain is a VTCT. Is this recognised by salons/customers etc? I work full time so want a part time course during the week - if there's any others anyone would recommend please let me know.

Thanks

Hi, VTCT is recognised, the course i did was VTCT NVQ level 2 nail services, i would research the course and colege etc, as i didnt like my course, i am now qualified but don't feel confident enough to even go and paint someones nails, everything i have learnt i have learnt from here or in books as my lecturers didnt really care about teaching, definetly look into it before you make the decision as i wish i just went with creative or somone like that it wokrs out cheaper in the end and they are well recognised for their education and products.

Hi,

I am thinking of enroling in a nail technicians course at a local college of mine and the qualification I would obtain is a VTCT. Is this recognised by salons/customers etc? I work full time so want a part time course during the week - if there's any others anyone would recommend please let me know.

Thanks

VCTC and NVQ are both recognised qualifications (not by clients) but you also must understand that they are a minimum qualification requirement. Nothing advanced or that will guarantee that when you finish you will be able to enter the market place and actually be able to work and to earn money.

I think company training with the right company will give you better skills if you do all the training and not just a foundation training. An award winning training provider like Creative will take you all the way. And although not a gov. qualification (which isn't necessary or mandatory anyway) The CND certificate is recognised everywhere along with their very exclusive and high end products.

I did vtct and really enjoyed it, but I think alot depends on the college, the tutor and the products. I was lucky with all 3, we used cnd.

I would definitely recommend VTCT Nail Treatments. I qualified in March and found it a really good base on which to build my skills. It covers thorough prep, health and safety and A&P as well as the application of artificial nail systems. If you are lucky enough to work with CND on the course you can then continue to increase your basic knowledge with the their support.

Alternative to this you could undertake the CND foundation course at your local Sweet Squared training school. Now their training really is second to none!!!!

Mmmm I am not a lover of VTCT qualifications... Go for ITEC or CIBTAC you will learn so much more and you will be top of the interview list I am sure. Good luck

Mmmm I am not a lover of VTCT qualifications... Go for ITEC or CIBTAC you will learn so much more and you will be top of the interview list I am sure. Good luck

Having just qualified with a CIBTAC qualification, I can agree that the nail training is intense, including the structure, anatomy & physiology of the nail. However, post training, not all the students are confident that they can go and paint a set of nails on a paying client.

I agree, definitely research the course and the college first. The tutor makes the world of difference. You can get a mediocre college with an inspiring tutor or a good college with a totally uninspiring tutor. It makes the world of difference IMO.

Having just qualified with a CIBTAC qualification, I can agree that the nail training is intense, including the structure, anatomy & physiology of the nail. However, post training, not all the students are confident that they can go and paint a set of nails on a paying client.

I agree, definitely research the course and the college first. The tutor makes the world of difference. You can get a mediocre college with an inspiring tutor or a good college with a totally uninspiring tutor. It makes the world of difference IMO.
You learn all that on the vtct as well I had to do homework and tests on nail structure, anatomy and physiology. The health and safety for indepth too.:)
What you need to do is research all available courses in your area and find the one that suits you. There are so many VTCT, CND, EZFLOW, NSI, ENTITY,NVQ and many more. Research is all I can say.:)

Latest posts

Back