VTCT level 2 makeup anyone done this ??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucy_locket

Reaction score
if you have how did how you find the course and what exactly did you learn?

i've read on the college site about also learning eye lash tinting, brow sharpening this is included if so then thats a bonus any other little surprises you learn?

will this course give me a cert to be able to go out and do wedding makeup ?? as this is my whole point of doing the course so i can combine it with nail enhancements do little wedding packages.

sorry for all the questions but it's costing about £280 and i want to be sure what i'm getting.

any ideas or help from other makeup geeks i would be very happy.

many thanks in advance :hug:

hi im doing nvq2 unit in make up which is very similar . This vtct course is a good coure to do and yes will be a proper qualification for u to add to ur treatments . on my course we learnt how to do false eyelashes to including strip lashes and individual . my college also offers the vtct course it runs for 33 weeks tho part time and costs £300 plus £100 for kit . so the price sounds good to me . my course was £329 including kit then £6o reg fee for exams . i have too put the portfolio together at home my self tho.

Qualifications are important but you must have a natural flair for make up and colour. I have been a make up artist for 17 years and a nail tech for the past 12 and have succesfully managed to combine the two. Bear in mind the financial costs of getting your makeup kit together and a really good portfolio to show prospective brides. :)Personally I would want to see the work of my prospective make up tutor before embarking on a costly course.
Good luck to you in your decision X

Qualifications are important but you must have a natural flair for make up and colour. I have been a make up artist for 17 years and a nail tech for the past 12 and have succesfully managed to combine the two. Bear in mind the financial costs of getting your makeup kit together and a really good portfolio to show prospective brides. :)Personally I would want to see the work of my prospective make up tutor before embarking on a costly course.
Good luck to you in your decision X

hi im doing nvq2 unit in make up which is very similar . This vtct course is a good coure to do and yes will be a proper qualification for u to add to ur treatments . on my course we learnt how to do false eyelashes to including strip lashes and individual . my college also offers the vtct course it runs for 33 weeks tho part time and costs £300 plus £100 for kit . so the price sounds good to me . my course was £329 including kit then £6o reg fee for exams . i have too put the portfolio together at home my self tho.

thanks so for your reply's

i must say i do feel i have a flare for makeup i love wearing it and love doing other peoples. i always get comments on how nice mine looks and when i was speaking to some girls on a course last week they said they could see me doing that sort of thing because of how i do my own.i know there is more to it than just how you do your own but i do feel that i could enjoy doing it. last oct 06 a friend of mine got married and her make up girl let her down 6 days before the big day:eek: and called on me to help which at first i was like OMG i can't do your makeup your the bride!! but after a few kind words and a bottle of wine i said yes and then asked could i do the the 4 bridesmaids as well :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:.

anyway i did it and it turned out really well everyone said that it looked wonderful and my mum put the seed in my head about training to do it. up until july i had decided i was only going to do nails and tanning but the college by me had this course and it had little :idea::idea::idea: flashing in my head. the main thing is and as stated it is the cost i'm not sure weather i fully know at what this will cost me i have the money for the course £280 and it did say an extra £100 which i think now must be the kit so it £380 altogether but then what would be the cost once i get my cert? i would like to use lily lolo mineral products (this is what i wear) or another mineral makeup brand.
thankyou NailLounge for mentioning about the cost because yes this is not what i have thought about, could i afford to offer this as a service? this is something i will have to think about hard but i know i would love to do it as i can see so much potential for these sort of packages and being mobile also.

off for a good think i think! .................:confused:

Hiya
I've done the VTCT in Make-Up and basically we learnt daytime, evening and bridal make-up, brow and lash tinting, brow shaping, individual and strip lashes, and eyelash perming. However, my tutor also insisted that we do the Facial module as she said it's important to be able to prepare the skin for make-up. I agree that a natural flair is important, I can remember my tutor basically saying that because it's an artistic thing, we will only fail if our hygiene is not good, i.e. it didn't matter if the make up was awful, because it was all about personal taste:eek: I was a bit shocked about this, I would have liked to have learnt some fundamental stuff about colours, but every tutor is going to be different.

With regard to the costs involved, even if you are lucky enough to get a decent college kit, I think you will probably have to top it up before you start working properly. I looked into it and reckoned on spending about £500-£1000 on additional kit, but I do think you need to speculate to accumulate and bridal make up can be a good money earner:)

Don't think you have to use products from the same range. I hate it when clients ask 'what brand do you use'. For me thats not what its all about. Your Brides' make up needs to look as beautiful at her night - do hours after you've gone home. At the moment I'm loving Age Renew Foundation by Max Factor, it has a lovely variable coverage. Lipfinity also by Max Factor is AMAZING for staying power. I also swear by eyelid primers. Estee Lauder did a fab one but discontinued it ( I think Barbara Daly does one) It really does make your eyeshadow stay put.) Never put cheap brand eyeshadow on a naked eye though, there never seems to be enough pigment in them to stay on.
Good luck to you. You can build your kit up over time - just get the essentials XXX:)

thanks geeks for info
Facial module as she said it's important to be able to prepare the skin for make-up
jo jo did you go on the other course?

With regard to the costs involved, even if you are lucky enough to get a decent college kit, I think you will probably have to top it up before you start working properly. I looked into it and reckoned on spending about £500-£1000 on additional kit
i was trying search through other posts and read about you being able to make your own kit up and it works out better cost wise and also becuase what they give you isn't very good anyway. is this something worth thinking about ? what exactly do you get in your kit ? do you have to purchase makeup brushes or are they included?

sorry lots of questions but i have to go on the 3rd sep and want to make sure i know as much about it and if i can the kit myself i don't want to paying twice for two kits because theres isn't as good :rolleyes:

i've also been quite shocked over prices some site i've been looking on only charge £35 and then some are around £75-£80 and then some that are charging £200.00 :eek:
i mean i'm guessing these peeps have posh wedding by them LOL!

thanks again for all you r advise geeks it really is appreciated :hug:

Latest posts

Back