VTCT manicure/pedicure advice, please.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deena

Reaction score
Having done a short manicure and pedicure bit of training, separately from the product based CND spa one, I want to do the VTCT/NVQ, because I just know it <the first one> wasn't sufficient for me and, besides, I want to achieve this qualification along with the actual nail services/treatments VTCT/NVQ afterwards.

Working full time, I'm restricted as to where and when I can do it and there isn't anything more local to me that has any spaces in the near future. I've been looking slightly further afield and approached the Brentwood Academy. It's a level 2 manicure/pedicure course over 3 months one morning a week, no systems included, quite expensive and I was just wondering if anyone's got any opinions or advice about it, please?

Courses just seem to differ so much, along with colleges, and I'm finding the whole thing very confusing. :irked: I don't want to make a mistake and book the wrong thing, so any help would be very gratefully received. I've done searches on here and haven't managed to find very much on it, with this private college.

Thanks for any help in deciding, because if I don't do this one in January, it looks like I could be in for a long wait and not much closer to home. Thank you. :)

Oops, Just realised I've put this thread in the wrong place, chit chat. Sorry! :rolleyes:

hi i started this course at my local college in september it's my first step into the world of nails, i think its really good you do theory work to learn about the skin and nails first then do practical on other students and i had my first 2 clients this week for my assessment and i've passed manicure allready just got to do pedicure now.
if you have a course locally go for it
hth
lisa
x

South East Essex College Runs This Course Evenigns And Weekends Throughout The Year if you have any sort of benefits like working tax credit, income support etcc then you can get it subsidied

Thank you both very much for your help :)

Latest posts

Back