Vtct - Nail Exam Shock

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fab Freak

Reaction score
as some of your know I am currently studing for my VTCV at college and we sat our exam the other week. We i was quite shocked and annoyed :sad: to find there were 5 questions specifically on beauty therapy - which was very frustrating...makes me wonder if they just do one paper for all types of courses which doesn't seem very appropraite....I plan to write or call the organisation to find out thier feedback on this topic....Has anyone elese completed this exam and found a similar problem? let me know it would be very helpfull....thanks :eek:

I hear you!

I am attending a 20 week (3 hours per week) manicure course at college and when we were given a mock theory exam we were just handed a generic mani/pedi paper that was obviously for the full time beauty students. Our test time was contunually interupted my the tutor saying "oh dont do this question" "oh crosss out that question" and by fellow students saying "we havn't learnt this!"

If they are going to offer a specific manicure course then give us a specific manicure test based on the stuff we have actually learned!!

here here - just what i think - i wanted to be tested and prove myself on the areas i study - nothing else esepcially questions on acne or how to remove a blackhead...for petes sake

Hi there,

I did both the manicure and advanced nail techniques VTCT at night school. It is quite a while ago now, but from what I remember, we had separate test/exam papers covering just the subject we were studying. Maybe it depends on the college you attend.
Julie:biggrin:

i to did my exam on the 18th march for vtct in nail treatments, the whole thing makes me so mad, yes some questions were on facials which i thought ridiculous, i worked flippen hard for the last 5 months, only to end up with an exam where some of it was nothing to do with what i had learnt, if i have failed because of this i will be spitting fire, the course i took was natural nail treatments, not facials! and yes i will also be contacting the board at vtct, it is not good enough!!!

Hi Dawn - I tried todAY TO speak to thme but there is no conatct numbers on their web site....as shabby as their exam...

I completed vctc in advanced nail treatments in January 2004 and our test was only relating to that subject - I would check out with the board

Hi

there is some good news we will have our own nvq level 1-3 from sept. Devoted entirly to nails!!

shropshiredawn said:
i to did my exam on the 18th march for vtct in nail treatments, the whole thing makes me so mad, yes some questions were on facials which i thought ridiculous, i worked flippen hard for the last 5 months, only to end up with an exam where some of it was nothing to do with what i had learnt, if i have failed because of this i will be spitting fire, the course i took was natural nail treatments, not facials! and yes i will also be contacting the board at vtct, it is not good enough!!!

Its all very well passing these exams but just think if you had all the non-nail related questions wrong how that would relate to your pass percentage. Whereas if they were all on the subject you studied you could get 100% pass. Something should be done about it!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back