VTCT nails level 3?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TressW

Reaction score
Hi. I wondered if anyone has experience of the above course I'm due to start with white rose next month. One day a week for 30 ish weeks. Excited and altho iv looked online I wanted to see if any of you can tell me a bit more in detail about what the course involves I'm eager to learn and put as much effort as I can in and try and figure out what theory to learn and look up at home? X

Hi. I wondered if anyone has experience of the above course I'm due to start with white rose next month. One day a week for 30 ish weeks. Excited and altho iv looked online I wanted to see if any of you can tell me a bit more in detail about what the course involves I'm eager to learn and put as much effort as I can in and try and figure out what theory to learn and look up at home? X

Hi hun, I did this course one day a week over six months. I loved every single second of it. It was very informative. I did find that you have to put a lot of work in at home but that was perfect for me. We learnt manicure, luxury manicure (using both masks and paraffin wax), pedicure, luxury pedicure, gel polish application, hard gel extensions, tip application, acrylic application, sculpting, e-file, nail art and I think I have covered everything there.

We had both practical assessments and written assessments.

I highly recommend it. I did my studying at the Little Beauty School in Birmingham.

Hope this helps xx

Hiya I am doing my level 3 at the moment. It's quite intense I've sat 4 exams so far and have 3 more on Monday. I have finished all my assignments I think there were 10 to get through.
My course covers the same as above I'm loving it & finish in January x

Thanks ladies can anyo e recommend anything I can use to learn as much at home? X

I have done several courses at White Rose in Manchester. I would say it's a really great learning experience, and the class sizes are small and really organised. There will be all of work, to read and study at home, but it's a level 3 course so that's to be expected, but they are very very helpful and when I completed a course I left feeling very confident.

Thanks ladies can anyo e recommend anything I can use to learn as much at home? X

There will be a course book that accompanies the course, I gives a hell of a lot of information you need and can be bought second hand/new on Amazon and th likes.

I have done several courses at White Rose in Manchester. I would say it's a really great learning experience, and the class sizes are small and really organised. There will be all of work, to read and study at home, but it's a level 3 course so that's to be expected, but they are very very helpful and when I completed a course I left feeling very confident.

Thanks do you know what it's called to search for or if? I want to get learning now but can't as iv not stated the course :) what courses did you do? X

There will be a course book that accompanies the course, I gives a hell of a lot of information you need and can be bought second hand/new on Amazon and th likes.

If you ring the college and ask them which edition of course book they will be using for the course, they will tell you. As you can buy it from them before you register or when you register or buy it elsewhere. Each year will change slightly to add a new treatment so it's important to get that edition to go with the course. They will have no issue telling you.

Will do :) what courses did you do at white rose x

Will do :) what courses did you do at white rose x

I did a level 2 Comp Therapies and a level 3 Beauty (General route) and have done a few extra CPDs Bamboo Massage, Lash Lift, Glycolic Facial. And have signed up for a level 2 beauty as I feel I have missed a few things that I personally want to offer. I chose a smaller learning centre as felt you got more from the tutors learning wise and there was ample equipment to use.

I should ask commission from them lol

Lol... I can't wait. My aim was to add more level 3s in future for the advanced learner loan as I wouldn't be able to afford the level 2s outright right now and the loans cover l3 and above don't they, but I'm not yet sure if I can go straight into level 3 in other courses? One step at a time. X

Speak to the college first before signing up. As if you not already qualified in the subject level 2 courses are supposed to be free. Then you self fund or get a loan for anything else you do.

I was self employed, got the level 2 completely free. I then self funded (monthly payments ) for my level 3, although you can get funding tied into your earnings at a later date which most people did. And the CPDs are in full on day (£120 max). i gave them a call and told them what I hoped to do and they gave me advice and saved me money with a free course. Which I really didn't expect.

Ah thanks so much! What was the free one? I looked into it in April and was meant to start the complimentary therapies one free but life got in the way x

It was the complementary therapies I did. But because I got that free I will be paying for my level 2 beauty as I already qualified in the subject. So see which one costs you less and do that first lol. I don't know how much that course should have cost but I know the level 2 beauty is £1400 and is a 30 week course that I can pay monthly over.

The comp therapies was 12 weeks , 1 day a week so am assuming that would be cheaper.

Oh I see!!! Do you know if they let you do more than one course at a time? If both are l3/funded and only part time. Having said that I'm unsure if the l3 beauty etc runs as part time as I'd need it ie one day a week lol. X

Oh I see!!! Do you know if they let you do more than one course at a time? If both are l3/funded and only part time. Having said that I'm unsure if the l3 beauty etc runs as part time as I'd need it ie one day a week lol. X

Yes you can do 2 courses together. Level 3 was 1 day a week for 30 weeks, there is a lot of home study and research, but its totally manageable. You can also do a fast track route, if you have that time available. That's a 5 day full time course, there wasn't many who did that, most were 1 day a week.

When I signed up initially, I started with the level 2 comp therapies (12 weeks free course) and you go straight into the level 3 beauty course (30 weeks funded course). But there would be nothing stopping you doing 2 courses at the same time as long as they are running. Other ladies were doing level 2 beauty first, then doing level 3. It's what suits you best. Give them a ring and go in for a chat, they're really friendly and not pushy.

Oh so I called them and I can do level 2 beauty free alongside level 3 nails. Means losing both weekend days but got to be worth it x

Re fees... Aside from the actual course fee there's other costs for both. Reg fee £106 nails and £94.80 beauty. Tunic and trousers £76 towels £30- surely I wouldn't need two lots of towels and uniform?

Kit- basic implement £78 acrylic and gel kit £206 and beauty kit £70..

I know I can pay for the reg fees and uniform in installments but are the towels and kits to be paid in full do you know? X

No you only need 1 uniform and set of towels. I paid my registration and uniform and book on day. Level 3s don't need to buy a kit as its mostly electrical face & body treatments and massage. But if they letting you pay the reg fee in instalments, I can't see why they wouldn't just add it all together and pay in instalments.

Ask what course book they using and you be able to get a used one on Amazon/eBay.

Good luck with starting on you way to your new career.

Latest posts

Back