Wahanda, etc.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmyfLondon

Reaction score
Hi all

I just want to get your opinions on Wahanda (new name Treat Well) as I'm thinking of using it.

How does it work? Is it a lot of work? Do you have to update the calendar system often?

Thank you for your help!

Amy

Hi Amy

I use Treatwell and it can be a challenge. I don't update the calendar at all as I don't get alot of booking through the site to warrant keep updating every appointment I get. I have had 2 appointments come through that clashed but you have an option of reject or reschedule so I haven't found it an issue.
Clients can pay on the site or with you, which also creates issues as you need to just keep an eye on who's paid and who hasn't. Also if you have offers you need to be aware of what price they booked for, etc. The commission is taken when clients pay through the site and it's paid straight away so no issues with waiting for money. If someone pays in the salon then the next client that books and pays through the site has both commission taken off before you get your money - hope that makes sense.

Personally its another marketing strategy that can get you more exposure.

We have used it since last March and it's been great for us, bought us new clients that have since rebooked direct and they also put their widget on my fb page and website so I can do online booking at a v.small charge. This has been great, I prob get more widget bookings then wahanda bookings, people like the option to book online and often book in evening when we are closed so great for impulsive people!
The calendar aspect isn't too hard, I try to update it daily if I remember and have set it so people can't book more than 3 weeks in advance or with less than 3 hours notice. Not had any issues with it and it's easy to call a client and reschedule if you need to. I can't think of a negative apart from it takes a couple of weeks to get payments that they owe you into your account but asides from that, it's been brilliant for helping my business grow.

They listed me as being in a town over an hour away from where I actually am & despite 2 emails & a phone call it was still wrong!

Not too bad if you are a salon but Im mobile- i had ppl book in that I had to message & cancel & it was me that got the flack for that, not Wahanda.

I think it works well for a salon but it is a blooming nightmare for mobile therapists! Xx

With online booking systems does it show all the other appointments you have like intimate waxes or facials or does it just show you the slots the salon has free? X

Hi Amy

I use Treatwell and it can be a challenge. I don't update the calendar at all as I don't get alot of booking through the site to warrant keep updating every appointment I get. I have had 2 appointments come through that clashed but you have an option of reject or reschedule so I haven't found it an issue.
Clients can pay on the site or with you, which also creates issues as you need to just keep an eye on who's paid and who hasn't. Also if you have offers you need to be aware of what price they booked for, etc. The commission is taken when clients pay through the site and it's paid straight away so no issues with waiting for money. If someone pays in the salon then the next client that books and pays through the site has both commission taken off before you get your money - hope that makes sense.

Personally its another marketing strategy that can get you more exposure.

Thanks for this in depth response Bavers. Can you explain a bit more what you mean by "If someone pays in the salon then the next client that books and pays through the site has both commission taken off before you get your money - hope that makes sense." - does that mean if customer 1 doesnt use Treatwell but books independently of it and pays the salon directly, customer 2 that does book through treatwell has double commission taken off to account for customer 1? because that means that treatwell takes commission of 100% of your customers, regardless of if they use treatwell service..

We have used it since last March and it's been great for us, bought us new clients that have since rebooked direct and they also put their widget on my fb page and website so I can do online booking at a v.small charge. This has been great, I prob get more widget bookings then wahanda bookings, people like the option to book online and often book in evening when we are closed so great for impulsive people!
The calendar aspect isn't too hard, I try to update it daily if I remember and have set it so people can't book more than 3 weeks in advance or with less than 3 hours notice. Not had any issues with it and it's easy to call a client and reschedule if you need to. I can't think of a negative apart from it takes a couple of weeks to get payments that they owe you into your account but asides from that, it's been brilliant for helping my business grow.

Hi daydreams - so the people that book direct, does wahanda still take commission off them?

Wahanda takes 20% + vat on that 20% for any client who books through them.

If the client then decides they want more treatments when with you or book directly next time, Wahanda doesn't take anything from that.

The way they take their percentage is a bit odd. If the client pays through wahanda, they send you your money minus the commission. If the client pays you directly Wahanda doesn't bill you for the commission but next time you have a client who pays through Wahanda they take all commission owed before sending you your money.

Hope that makes sense xx

Hi daydreams - so the people that book direct, does wahanda still take commission off them?
They take 20% + vat off bookings direct through treatwell. Clients that book through the widget they just take 60p incl vat.
If clients pay them direct, you get your cut minus the commission about 10 days later. If they pay at venue as someone else said they wait till you get someone that pays them direct then take their cut from that which is what can make it a bit confusing to know what your owed etc.
I then worried for a while that I owed them commission but if I didn't get someone who paid them direct that I wouldn't know how to pay them but they do lots of incentives to encourage people to pay direct with save £10 etc so it's never a problem. If you want you can also put all your normal appts in there and they will get txt reminders at no extra charge (I think) but I prefer to just block out the time as find it quicker and easier and my softwear sends out text reminders anyway.

We have ovatu add it booking system that is extremely reasonably priced and I have linked out with our Wahanda (Treatwell ) calendar. It just gives slots available, no other info.

Bookings go in fits and starts for us. None, then a few at a time but nothing to write home about x

We have ovatu add it booking system that is extremely reasonably priced and I have linked out with our Wahanda (Treatwell ) calendar. It just gives slots available, no other info.

Bookings go in fits and starts for us. None, then a few at a time but nothing to write home about x

I'm wanting to link my Ovatu system to treatwell calendar, did you ask your treatwell manager to do this for you? X

I'm wanting to link my Ovatu system to treatwell calendar, did you ask your treatwell manager to do this for you? X
Yes. I'd lost the will to live by then x

Hopefully all the other posts have answered the question about the commission to Treatwell if not then let me know and I will try to explain.

Its been great for us- people use it as a location finder for close to work salons. We get lunch time and after work. Many rebook with us directly. You have to be good though as reviews make a difference although if you respond to not great reviews, it shows that you care enough to read and respond. We also occasionally give added discounts for very quiet time- has been quite helpful and pays for the therapist. I think its fairly location driven so in a city, its a good thing to have esp with them advertising in the tube stations etc.

Please do your research when using any of these companies. Many take advantage of the small business for their own gain. If you work hard at marketing yourself in any way that you can, you will see the benefits but it takes time and patience is needed. Do not devalue your business by offering lots of discounts and continued use of voucher sites. Most important of all you need feedback to your site not an external site.

They listed me as being in a town over an hour away from where I actually am & despite 2 emails & a phone call it was still wrong!

Not too bad if you are a salon but Im mobile- i had ppl book in that I had to message & cancel & it was me that got the flack for that, not Wahanda.

I think it works well for a salon but it is a blooming nightmare for mobile therapists! Xx

I am thinking of registering as a beauty therapist as well. Are you still with them and how is it going?

How do you cancel the contract with them if you decide not to be registered on their site anymore?

How do you cancel the contract with them if you decide not to be registered on their site anymore?
When you sign up you get allocated a business manager who will call you to set everything up. I would imagine you just call them if you wish to cancel.

How do you get an Ovatu pro account? I am new to Ovatu and not sure how to set it up? [emoji15]

Latest posts

Back