Wahanda

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenjen9713

Reaction score
Hi, Has anyone used wahanda and do they get any work from it? I understand they take 20% off your booking bit unsure about this on colours as that will add up to a fair bit on an expensive colour!
Any views will be helpful! I signed up by accident not realising what it entailed!! Silly me! I thought It was just a free listing site! Oops x

If you put wahanda in the search option above you'll find quite a few posts about them.

I've done a search for you so see the kind of results you'll get, the search option on here is fab for previous threads

Salon Geek - Search Results

I registered a few months ago. Had nothing at all from it. I also had to ask for my town to be listed on their site so that people could at least search for our area!

I have had about 6 bookings from it in the last year. 2 have remained very loyal clients and brought more clients to me which is great! I had one client come for £150 worth of treatment over 3 appointments but opted on wahanda to pay me direct so I didn't have to pay them commission which I thought was great I didn't realise they could do that lol! It's been worth it in the long run for me xx

I have been on it for a year and half now. I had no bookings in 2013 (half year) and last year I had 8 bookings.
I'm in London and can't compete with 'salons' doing 'shellac' for £21 when in fact on their website they state they use another brand (artistic color gloss) & not CND shellac.
I have had to drop my prices as wahanda take 20% and then I have to pay rent on top! Unfortunately for me no repeat business 😔

Thank you ladies for your replies you've all been very helpful! I didn't know that there's an option for clients to pay you direct! Hopefully anyone wanting to book will do the same so I can swindle paying them commission 😉 thanks again everyone 😀 xx

There is a "pay at venue" option, but they will still invoice you for commission as long as booking is made through Wahanda website.
You can disable online bookings and just use it as deirectory listing.

Have not had experience on it as I am based in Ireland but iv heard from a colleague based in uk that it has gotten her some jobs and the clients have come back for treatments, so in her eyes it has been beneficial. They seem to be the top search engine for hair & beauty in the uk. You need to look at it in a way of a bit of advertising for your own salon why not try it for 6 months and then make a proper calculated decision on what work you get from it. To be honest a free listing probably won't get you any work so go the whole hog and pay for a listing. You know the old saying if you don't try you will never know.

I've been on 2 years. It was v slow to start with, 2 clients in 1st year but last year it was about 3 times that. Yes I do have to give 20% but I've kept half of those clients as regulars, plus there's other benefits. Being on Wahanda has helped more people find me and I've gained clients from people seeing me on Wahanda but coming to me direct (so no 20% fee!).

I've been on 2 years. It was v slow to start with, 2 clients in 1st year but last year it was about 3 times that. Yes I do have to give 20% but I've kept half of those clients as regulars, plus there's other benefits. Being on Wahanda has helped more people find me and I've gained clients from people seeing me on Wahanda but coming to me direct (so no 20% fee!).

Hi,

Understood that Wahanda charges 20% of the total transaction amount paid by the customer. My question is how Wahanda ensures that the salon is honest in reporting the transaction amount? Is Wahanda booking system tied to your POS and hence, Wahanda will be able to extract the transaction amount from the POS?

E.g.: (1) A client may have book and attend the appointment. But, the salon can claim that the client didnt show up- hence, no transaction is made.

(2) A client may have book a hair cut+ color through Wahanda. But, in the end, the salon may claim that the client just did the hair cut- hence, lesser amount of commission to be charged.

Thanks.

I have had success with it, re. The payments, majority have chosen pay at venue and you click complete when payment made. If bill for some reason ends up more than original quote, I never change it on wahanda records or I would end up paying more commission! A few clients have paid wahanda direct but I didn't mind as that has normally been offset what I owe wahanda in commission so it saves then invoicing me! I only ever offer appointments in quiet times so although they take 20% it's better than me doing nothing! You can choose only to do a pay at venue, but it doesn't really bother me, at least you know they will turn up if paid in advance! I have had it since March and it's been great for helping people find me!

I have had success with it, re. The payments, majority have chosen pay at venue and you click complete when payment made. If bill for some reason ends up more than original quote, I never change it on wahanda records or I would end up paying more commission! A few clients have paid wahanda direct but I didn't mind as that has normally been offset what I owe wahanda in commission so it saves then invoicing me! I only ever offer appointments in quiet times so although they take 20% it's better than me doing nothing! You can choose only to do a pay at venue, but it doesn't really bother me, at least you know they will turn up if paid in advance! I have had it since March and it's been great for helping people find me!

Thanks for the respond. Is Wahanda system tied to the:-

(1) POS system- to tally with your payment/ transaction record

(2) your calendar system (if you have one, e.g. Google calendar)- to sync ur calendar for booking via phone as well.

Thanks.

No it isn't integrated into my pos system but think they are compatible with a few software lines if you want to sync it but not with the one I use. If I have had a prepayment through wahanda, on my system i just put 100% discount on the payment so that it doesn't look like my till is under and then in my client notes I make a note that it was a wahanda prepaid booking. I have only had a few prepaid though so it's not been a huge problem, majority pay at venue. I'm not sure if u can sync it with google calendar, I think you can but I just do it manually, normally go through it once a day and update it with any new bookings I have had for the next few days. Haven't had any double bookings so far!

There is a "pay at venue" option, but they will still invoice you for commission as long as booking is made through Wahanda website.
You can disable online bookings and just use it as deirectory listing.

I have had about 5 clients choosing this since December and never had an invoice despite the clients booking through them XX

Hi, Has anyone used wahanda and do they get any work from it? I understand they take 20% off your booking bit unsure about this on colours as that will add up to a fair bit on an expensive colour!
Any views will be helpful! I signed up by accident not realising what it entailed!! Silly me! I thought It was just a free listing site! Oops x

I get loads of work from Wahanda.

Have not had experience on it as I am based in Ireland but iv heard from a colleague based in uk that it has gotten her some jobs and the clients have come back for treatments, so in her eyes it has been beneficial. They seem to be the top search engine for hair & beauty in the uk. You need to look at it in a way of a bit of advertising for your own salon why not try it for 6 months and then make a proper calculated decision on what work you get from it. To be honest a free listing probably won't get you any work so go the whole hog and pay for a listing. You know the old saying if you don't try you will never know.

My listing is free, and I get plenty of work

Couple of questions for Salon owners that are signed up with Wahanda. Do you find the 20% to be a lot, or do the benefits out weigh that? Also how do you solve the problem if someone has already booked and payed via the app, but then arrives and wants something different therefore changing price, allocated time etc?

Couple of questions for Salon owners that are signed up with Wahanda. Do you find the 20% to be a lot, or do the benefits out weigh that? Also how do you solve the problem if someone has already booked and payed via the app, but then arrives and wants something different therefore changing price, allocated time etc?
I think 20% is a fair cut to get me a new client. I obviously hope that client then returns, so potentially I get a new client for a few quid which is a bargain!
We've had clients book and pay for treatments in a time slot that isn't available so basically they get their money back from Wahanda. I more commonly get clients who book online and our diary hasn't been updated and we can't fit them in. We just contact them and either tweak their appointment or cancel it.

We've now synced our work calendar with Wahanda as it allows us to do that as suddenly we were getting quite a few bookings through them - I'm not talking loads. More like 5 in 6 weeks but stressful as many are short notice and we were busy.

All sorted now and the staff were very helpful. We have to double check it every now and again but we've pretty much sorted it.

If a client wants to change their booking, it's the same for any. If you can't do it, you can't do it. They would contact Wahanda and get a refund. One client of mine booked and paid for reflexology and a pedicure but I had to change the time and could only do the pedi. She then has to contact them for that refund. Unfortunately she was very stressed and hadn't contacted them so they wanted to charge me commission on both.

Like most things, it's great when it works.

Vic x

The only problems I've had with Wahanda is sometimes I think my profile gets defaulted to something they pre-set. I used to accept on-line bookings with 24 hours notice but found people were booking within the hour or even half hour and expecting to turn up at my doorstep for their treatment. I had to change my profile to do 3 days notice, still had the same problem so spoke to Wahanda direct to correct my profile.

Latest posts

Back