waiting oh so impatiently for start date

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hippy-chick

Reaction score
I've posted about me starting in rooms above a hairdressers before, but what I'm getting frustrated about is that the HD who's renting me the room isn't responding to my request for a start date.

To recap:
I was offered a room, I have indicated that I want a rent reduction even if its for first 6 months to take into consideration holidays. I have given her a date that I would like to start and a print out of my availability until end of year as the girls in HD will be taking my appointments.

I texted her on Friday (haven't got her home number, and she only works at couple of days), asking how the contract was going and I proposed a start date for Oct. I reminded her that I was unavailable all next week as on a course.

Its now Sunday 5pm and still haven't heard from her.

I want to start buying furnishings, posters, order leaflets and promo gear, I want to let people know that I'm going to be there. but can't spend a penny and order anything until I know I will be starting.

I think I'm worried that she's changed her mind about me going there. Should I text her again tomorrow or wait impatiently for her to get back in touch?

I've posted about me starting in rooms above a hairdressers before, but what I'm getting frustrated about is that the HD who's renting me the room isn't responding to my request for a start date.

To recap:
I was offered a room, I have indicated that I want a rent reduction even if its for first 6 months to take into consideration holidays. I have given her a date that I would like to start and a print out of my availability until end of year as the girls in HD will be taking my appointments.

I texted her on Friday (haven't got her home number, and she only works at couple of days), asking how the contract was going and I proposed a start date for Oct. I reminded her that I was unavailable all next week as on a course.

Its now Sunday 5pm and still haven't heard from her.

I want to start buying furnishings, posters, order leaflets and promo gear, I want to let people know that I'm going to be there. but can't spend a penny and order anything until I know I will be starting.

I think I'm worried that she's changed her mind about me going there. Should I text her again tomorrow or wait impatiently for her to get back in touch?

Ah, you're like me - once you have decided to do something you want it done NOW!!:lol::lol:

TBH I would phone her, not wait around for her to contact you. You need to know where you stand.

hiya pure,
well I texted her about 20 mins ago asking if I could ring her today and what time suited her best. she hasn't replied yet.
she has 2 young children, and is taking time out, and only works 2 days a week hence me not wanting to intrude. I can't just ring her at the hairdressers, as she's not there until tomorrow.
she knows I'm on a course all week from tomorrow.
I've left her alone all weekend, which killed me, and just start thinking all sorts of things whilst the phone remains quiet.

have spent my time productively, have designed a flyer and printed it off in various colours. will just hang on until get start date before I start ordering it to be printed, as don't want 1000 flyers with her salon's number on if I don't end up working there!

Go on - phone her!!!!!:green:

you need to phone her, or better still if you know where and when she is working ...pop in , see for yourself. It must be horrible not knowing whats going on...

I'm pretty much in the same boat a hairdresser was going to sub let me a room which is above her hair salon. I was meant to be doing nails in the hair salon while the building work went on in the room above now all of a sudden she has told the landlord whats going on; he's not happy about it. I told her she need to get extraction in the nail desk before she brought one as i work best with l+p and the only ventilation would be the door been open and closed which isnt enough. She never got extraction in the desk! Is it ignorance or thinking she knows best or does she not want it to work??!! It really p1**es me off how people with no beauty background think they can set up a beauty salon try and keep you hanging on a string and think it will work!!
Drives me insane!!! So I know exactly how you feel hun keep a plan B ready just in case as i've washed my hands of it now will do mobile with my existing client base and I'm going to do an assessors course then work towards some lecturing.

Keep your chin up hun!! xx

thanks everyone.

glad for your words of encouragement. I think my major problem is my impatience!!!!

I may ring her tomorrow when I know she's in the salon.

she still hasn't answered any of my texts. trouble is you appear to be pushy when they eventually do get back in contact.

will be busy all week on course, and looks as if the proposed start date of a week tomorrow is going out of the window.

So much is dependant on me taking the room, the flyers, the discount cards, a lovely bench thing I've seen in Tk Maxx which is in the sale and the ONLY ONE LEFT!!!

Tee hee! I'm a bit mad! Oh, and have I ever mentioned - obsessed!!!! Like a dog with a bone.

You are not being impatient or pushy - you just want an answer!! Nothing wrong with that. Now I know we don't know why she isn't replying to your texts, she could have a very good reason, but on the surface of it she doesn't seem to be playing fair with you.

Of course you are excited! Of course you want to know where you stand and of course you want to get organized as soon as you can. :hug:

It does make me wonder what happens if you do go ahead with the rental and you need to contact her urgently about something out of hours - will she still be difficult?:confused:

thats very true! but her sister is at the salon all the time, so sure it would be mostly OK.

I just think that she hasn't put this as a major priority in her life, and possibly resents getting contacted about work when she's not there.

Will give it a couple of days then see if she has been in touch then will have to do something otherwise i will implode!

got a text this week asking if I was still wanting the room. I decided to bide my time. I texted her today and said I would text her on Monday. She then continued to text me until I gave her an answer.
I have told her my terms and the texting has suddenly stopped.

Think I'll be starting Nov 1st.

got a text this week asking if I was still wanting the room. I decided to bide my time. I texted her today and said I would text her on Monday. She then continued to text me until I gave her an answer.
I have told her my terms and the texting has suddenly stopped.

Think I'll be starting Nov 1st.

I really think you should telephone her, on her mobile if you dont have her home number. Text messages can very easily be misconstrued, leaving people feeling annoyed/upset/let down because they have taken the tone of the message wrong.

It would be better for you both to speak to each other, especiallys as you want to have a good relationship with this woman if you are going to be renting in her salon.

Hope you get it sorted soon so you can get your flyers printed. :hug:

yes, I think you are right. She did seem to get a bit huffy and then my last reply finished the 'conversation'.
I've kept them all so I can refer to them.

Will try and get to see her in person this week before I start spending money on flyers, business cards, etc.

Latest posts

Back