Waivers For Clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailsbylexi

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had waivers that clients have to sign.

I am looking for a hair color one but anyone would be great I just need to see how you word things!

Haven't you alredy posted about this?

I've been told (by the NHF legal team) that a waiver of any sort will not hold up in court should it go that far because you as the professional should never have put yourself in the position of doing something you doubted would be safe. This came up when I was trying to get around the necessity of doing patch tests on clients 2 days before their colour to ensure allergic reaction problems. I'd be interested if anyone else has experience with this.

I have a client that called me and she wants to bring in her own hair Dye and have one of my girls apply it and Wash and Blow Dry her hair. And I need something she can sign saying that any out of the color is not our responsibility.:eek:

What is something that I can have a client sign?

Must be different rules in different places of the world ,
as Judge Judy threw a case out because the person complaining ,
had signed a waiver :eek:, in doing so she had signed away her legal rights .

I have a client that called me and she wants to bring in her own hair Dye and have one of my girls apply it and Wash and Blow Dry her hair. And I need something she can sign saying that any out of the color is not our responsibility.:eek:

What is something that I can have a client sign?

Really its not a professional thing to do in a professional shop

if it gets on her clothes or in her eye or splashes on someone else's clothes,
or she has a reaction, would you be insured for this ?
is this worth risking your reputation for ?

I would tell her to apply it at home if its a home colour ,

I'm not sure if you are a hairdressers shop as well as nails ,
but most professional hairdressers don't encourage this type of thing,

besides its very cheeky of the client too ,
its like saying to a nail tech here are some stick on nails I bought from boots will you put them on for me ?

Tell her to do it before she comes to you if she wants a box colour that badly .

Why isn't she having a professional colour ?

Last edited:
Why does she want to use her own colour instead of your professional one?

in the salon I work, we have had several people come in and ask us if we can apply there own colour that they have brought from the shop and then have a cut an blow dry and not be charged for the colouring :eek: hmm

we explain that we cant do this as we dont work with home colouring kits etc and if anything was to go wrong it would come back on us and at the end of the day its your reputation thats on the line,

its a bit of a cheek mind like minky said u wouldnt ask a nail tech to stick, the stick on nails from boots on your didgits

I had one client who rang me up to actually ask me what colour should she buy for her hair at the chemist shop ?
and also could she make an appointment for me to apply it in the the salon?

I was totally taken aback :eek: x

I explained very nicely that I only know about professional colours
and I only applied professional colours .:hug: x

thats shocking minky..

we have had a few walk in asking for advise on hair and then saying they want to do it themselves at home with a box colour ,

I just have to say well im sorry i cant really advise you on what could/would happen some people take real affence to it to.

Why does she want to use her own colour instead of your professional one?
T its because the client usually wants something for nothing.
They always try it on with me, but I wont do it.

They want to pay around a fiver for you to apply their own colour, because in their opinion they have been and bought the colour from the chemist , so think they can try it on and get a cheap colour.:eek: Then they would probably moan beecause its not the right colour!!:eek:

There will always be some hairdressers that will oblige . I would never do it. Can't see the point.

Elaine xxxxx:hug:

Hi

We get quite a lot of calls asking for advice on which colours to buy, we just say sorry we can only advise on the products we use! These are professional colours with which we acheive a professional result.

A couple of times people have asked us to apply their 'home' colours which obviously we refused!

I totally frown on clients even bringing in thier own hairspray, mousse etc. Our products are included in the service and are far superior to anything you can buy from boots so i really dont understand it.

A lot of them just try it on they want something for nothing!

Latest posts

Back