walking bad advertisment!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlegrohl

Reaction score
:cry: Spent ages last night with a client who from the very begginning has had me pulling my hair out.. Every time she comes for a fill i see that she fiddles with them.. she also seemed to suffer from alot of lifting. She tells me that by 2 weeks she has to file the lifting ((as it gets stuck in her hair)) and also fix the shape as she is pretty hard on them. I asked her to not touch them untill she comes next so i could see EXACTLY what was going on. I just saw her in the shops and lo-and-behold.. i knew straight away she has filled the F/E.. at first i thought i had done a dodgy job on the shape, but after asking her if she had filled them she said yes.. she loves to play with them. :eek:
I dont want to sound stupid, but i worked really hard to rebalance and shape them.. to get rid of ridges.. and when she left they looked fab.. now they look .. well wierd.. really wide at the F/E. I live in a really small country community and am worried that perhaps this is just a walking bad advertisment.. and as i would never bad mouth a client.. I just dont know what to do now. any thoughts on how i can convince this woman to <B>PUT DOWN THE FILE<B>:!:

Could you not just show her how to do it properly? In that way you will both be happy!

Also I don't think this wil reflect on your work, after all how many of us have our hair with that "straight out of the salon" look all the time. We just don't!

I know how frustrating it can be when clients dont look after our hard work as we would want. It almost feels like a lack of respect, but some clients just can't help fiddling and so I guess we should just be grateful that they keep coming back and letting us patch them up again. :hug:

If it's just that she likes playing with them, sell her a buffer and some oil. SHe can play with them all she likes and wont ruin them.

You say that by 2 weeks she has to file the lifting and adjusts the shape. Maybe you should ask her to come for her rebalance appointment a bit sooner than she's curently doing? Most of my clients have a fortnightly rebalance to keep them in tip top condition, only a few leave it for 3 weeks but I can sure tell the difference between them!

well i think the reason its lifting is because she is filing them straight after the appointment.. I only did them last night and she had already changed the shape.. I have tried to find out exactly how she wants them done, but she can never make up her mind.. But hey thanks for the advice, I give all my clients a 2 way buffer as a take home gift, hoping this will satisfy there playing needs.. maybe i should start stocking solar oil for resale.. I was frustrated earlier because as i said, her nails looked really lovely when she left.. ack maybe i should get off my high horse after all they are her bloody nails!! Thanks so much for your input!:lol:

Personally i would be miffed too...i know they are HER nails but she pays YOU to do them for her so why then go home and start filing them, breaking the seal and so causing damage. Waste of her money if you ask me.

I would rather she rang and said....sorry i have changed my mind about the shape can i pop in for a re-shape....(charged accordingly)....that way at least you can re-seal them for her at the free edge.

I would mention the breaking the seal part to her ....

best of luck xx

Personally i would be miffed too...i know they are HER nails but she pays YOU to do them for her so why then go home and start filing them, breaking the seal and so causing damage. Waste of her money if you ask me.

I would rather she rang and said....sorry i have changed my mind about the shape can i pop in for a re-shape....(charged accordingly)....that way at least you can re-seal them for her at the free edge.

I would mention the breaking the seal part to her ....

best of luck xx
Thanks bagpuss.. Perhaps if i get technical on her and mention breaking the seal she will listen.. My worry is that she will put the state of her nails after two weeks down to me and not come back.. not that they are that bad.. but they certainly could look better if they were left alone!
anyrate.. cheers

Latest posts

Back