Wanna get cracking!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHEEKY CHICO

Reaction score
Hi All! i figured it's about time there were a few more males in here!
You women have had it your own way for far to long now, let us guys into your world! Q: I've been working on my acrylics on a nail trainer for ages now, should i go and take more training before hitting "real" people? i'm happy with my work but not used a live body yet..any ideas anyone?
Great site, you'll hear more from me soon...watch this space! Tim.

Hi Tim, welcome to the site! you'll be addicted like the rest of us im sure. why not practise on a few female friends first of all, im sure there will be plenty of takers! lol x

What's stopping you doing both. Many techs on this site will tell you that although they know what they're doing they're always ready to learn more. Learning costs, so to enable them to learn they take on clients who pay for nails who pay for additional training.

Not all circles are vicious.
Welcome to the site, though you guys are still waaaaaaay outnumbered.

Sonia

Hello Tim,
Well I am quite new to nails but after my course I used my nail trainer and also friends and family straight away.
I would say yes go for it have a go on a friend or someone in your family I would say the sooner the better.
Good luck and I am sure you will get lots of posts for this question.
Caz xxx

Hi Tim

nice to have another lad on the firm, welcome to the site and look forward to chatting to you soon. Why not see if there are any fellow geeks in your aea who would like to meet up and do their nails

Thanks for the reply gals!!! Yes, we are Waaaaaay outnumbered, but look at the work that is produced by the guys who are here already!!! Pretty stunning wouldn't you agree!!...sure there is room for one more, so move on over!!
Oh, just to let you all know, i did this all back to front and did the E/N airbrush course first!!...actually did my own pieces before the course pieces!!...my creativeness just couldn't be withstrained! (got a 98% too!) see you all again soon...and thanks, there will be loads more questions coming!! Tim.

Thanks very much...all encouragement will be welcome...and yes, getting together with some locals would probably help big time, funny but i scrutinise every womans hands i see at the moment, and i've seen some BAD sets of nails already, even i can spot them in my nail infancy period!

Look forward to chatting soon. Tim

scattyfox said:
Hi Tim

nice to have another lad on the firm, welcome to the site and look forward to chatting to you soon. Why not see if there are any fellow geeks in your aea who would like to meet up and do their nails

Hey Tim

welcome to the board, check out the chat room wont ya! Get as many victims as you can to let you practice after all the nail trainers are good but they don't go ouch!

It sure comes in handy to know if your hurtin someone!!

Thanks for that Tracy!!
The ouch! factor is what i am trying to eliminate with all this practice!!!
With any luck i won't get too much of that when i start on my victims, sorry, clients!!
Cheers!!
Little Angel said:
Hey Tim

welcome to the board, check out the chat room wont ya! Get as many victims as you can to let you practice after all the nail trainers are good but they don't go ouch!

It sure comes in handy to know if your hurtin someone!!

Hi Tim.

Lovely to read ya and welcome.

In my opinion, the more practise you get on a real person, the better. You're not a real tek until you've drawn blood. :biggrin:

Hope you stick around for a while. xxx

Hi Tim,

Welcome to the board...hope you get addicted as quickly as the rest of us!!!! :biggrin:

One thing that struck me early on whilst i was looking at the "nail career" path was just how friendly everyone was towards a male in the industry.
I've had only good words from everybody associated with it so far wishing me luck and it just feels like a real homely family atmosphere!
And...being male might just give me an upper hand getting clients!!..i can see my client book full already!....thanks for the support everyone, it's great to see and is appreciated. Tim

Welcome to the geek family :biggrin: Please fill in your profile so we can have a nosey :biggrin:
Glad to see your so intrested in getting the best advice, you've come to the right place.........enjoy

Profile filled as requested!!...god i'm good to you demanding women!!!
lell said:
Welcome to the geek family :biggrin: Please fill in your profile so we can have a nosey :biggrin:
Glad to see your so intrested in getting the best advice, you've come to the right place.........enjoy

Thanks Tim, It always nice to know abit about the person your typing too :D

Have you read the book by J R Hartley!!!

CHEEKY CHICO said:
Profile filled as requested!!...god i'm good to you demanding women!!!

Now I may be a little controversial here!!!!! But....Tim, please, FLY FISHING!!!!! As I say to my hubby, 'how can you find pleasure in throwing a little bit of string stuff into a body of water and then...............WAIT and WAIT and WAIT' :zzz: :zzz: Each to their own of course hun!!!! :lol: :lol:

Of course now you will forget all about fly fishing and your whole life will revolve around 'doing nails' and 'Geekness'.......believe!!!!!!

Morning Nikki!...and a happy easter to you!

As it's Easter and fishing is getting a bit of a slating, may i just remind you that jesus fed the 5,000 with a few loaves of bread and....fish!!!!!!
He could have had salt beef sandwiches on the menu but no!!!...he chose the humble fish, that someone had to catch!
So next time you find yourself shipwrecked on a desert island with nothing but a bit of old knicker elastic and a hat pin, you'd wish you knew how to fish believe me!!!
Just off to polish my rifle and bag myself an Easter Bunny!!...not of the chocky kind!!
Happy Easter folks!!!!!!! Tim.xxxx
Nikki said:
Now I may be a little controversial here!!!!! But....Tim, please, FLY FISHING!!!!! As I say to my hubby, 'how can you find pleasure in throwing a little bit of string stuff into a body of water and then...............WAIT and WAIT and WAIT' :zzz: :zzz: Each to their own of course hun!!!! :lol: :lol:

Of course now you will forget all about fly fishing and your whole life will revolve around 'doing nails' and 'Geekness'.......believe!!!!!!

CHEEKY CHICO said:
Just off to polish my rifle and bag myself an Easter Bunny!!...not of the chocky kind!!
Happy Easter folks!!!!!!! Tim.xxxx

:irked: :irked:

Happy Easter Tim, I'm glad my children cannot read this!!!!

Sorry, but I don't eat/like fish!!!! But I do like chocolate.....today is a good day!!!

Latest posts

Back