Want to know what was done to my nails :-)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heusser87

Reaction score
Hi,
Over the weekend I had my nails done professionally for the first time. I went in with my nails long since I have always kept them long and painted them myself, the reason I wanted to get the done is simply for the fact that they will look nicer longe, instead of having to do my nails every other day or so which I just don't have time for anymore, I have a two year old and another on the way. :)
Anyways, the nail tech dipped a brush into a liquid then a white powder and shaped the tips of my nails, then dipped into the liquid and then a pink powder and put n the bottom part of my nail, and I think swiped it over the entire nail as well. She then buffed and that was it. My nails are shiny and look really good, no polish was used.
So my question is... I want to learn how to do this to myself, I think I am pretty good at this stuff but the problem is, is that I have no clue what she used or what this process was called.
Can anyone help me? Which products should I purchase etc.

Thank you soooo Much!!!

Everyone will agree with me, this is a professional forum for professionals. If you want to learn we will point you in the right direction. Don't tell us it's easy because it's not!

This is L&P (liquid and powder) acrylic.
You will need training though, as she will have made this look easy-but I can assure you that without proper training to include prep of the nail, application and aftercare you will ruin your nails.x

Totally agree - lol - Invest in training & then maybe you can use it as a skill to create your own client base. Good source of income & works well around having a family :)

It is my suggestion that you look into a course near you to learn from. Just because the trained professional you went to made it look easy; that does not mean that it is. There are so many things involved to apply a good-looking, long-lasting, safe set of enhancments that can not be learned from a box, kit or video. Things like nail structure, product chemistry, product ratio, application technique, nat nail prep, sanitation, disinfection (and the difference between the two) and a myriad of other things that professionals study and learn like second nature that you as a layperson do not realize. Real and permanent damage and conditions can be caused by the untrained and uneducated hand.

Well .......... The first time I ever had my nails done, over 29 years ago, I thought just the same as you. I thought, I could do that .. Looks easy !! And guess what, it was! I was already an artist, so I totally got the artistic side of building the structure of a nail right away ... I even cracked out decent smiles in a matter of hours (sorry all that struggle, but I did)!

So I went on a course so that I could legitimately buy the products to do my own nails .. No intention of working on anyone else's.

29 years, and 5 salons later plus a large distribution company and academies all over the UK that teach and represent the brand I endorse, and guess what? I'm still learning. :green: there is much to learn.

But who knows, you may be a natural and I'm sure if you have been looking after your nails all these years, you will not want to spoil your nails so would learn the right steps to take pretty quickly and the chemistry behind the products you choose. Who knows where it will lead you but ... Do take a class ... It is the smart thing to do.

To the ladies that took the time to post a reply for me, thank you very much for your kind help. I dis not mean to offend anyone, I understand that professionals make anything look easy no matter how hard it is, I just meant that for years I have done cool things to my nails myself, and have taken care of them. I will look into taking a course. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum, I didn't realize until afterwords...

Thanks again to the ladies with kind replies :)

Latest posts

Back