want to show appreciation

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hippy-chick

Reaction score
been in the new premises for 3 months now, and am really happy with how things are going.
the staff in the hairdressers have been great, and are still helping to promote me, but usually only when I'm about.

I would like to give them a free treatment again like I did before I opened. I think this will show them how much I appreciate their help, but also give them chance to experience some of the treatments and hopefully enthuse them so that they tell the clients.

but, don't want to just say it in passing but am bit lost on how to go about it without anyone getting embarrassed (especially me).

Was thinking of perhaps giving them a card or a group gift voucher and have drafted something up on vistaprint as a start, but would just put the design on a blank card and print it off myself.

Or if you have any lovely suggestions for me, I'd really appreicate it. I'm back in on tuesday so would like to do it then.

Thats a lovely gesture.
You could give them a gift voucher and tell them they can choose their complementary treatment, or just list specific treatments that you would like to promote and get them to choose one.

Its a lovely idea , very thoughtful. They should be lucky to have you on board.

xx:hug:

Can you be my boss!!!!...gift voucher...or tell them how much they are appreciated and take them out for a meal...then pub??

nah! cheaper to give them a treatment as I'm already on the premises anyway so may as well be working!

is there anything u want to promote especially ? you could give each member of the hairdressing staff a different treatment to try to promote to clients friends and family, and then for every person they send ur way you could give them a voucher for x amount to build up for a free treatment of there choice

You could get them to pick the short straw! Have a little fun.
Get some nice paper, i like the scented stuff. Print off however many tratments needed on a piece of the paper but have it so they are all different lengths.
Print whatever you think on them like, For all your kind help you will recieve??? whatever like that.
Then roll then up really tight and secure them with ribbon, then tie a bigger piece of ribbon all the way around the bottom of the straws so they can't see the length of them.
All you need to do then is leave them with them and a little note saying thanks and enjoy, see who gets the short straw!

Am i mad :eek:! :lol:

give them each a little card allowing them to choose from a list of treatments

ღMandyღ;700192 said:
Get some nice paper, i like the scented stuff. Print off however many tratments needed on a piece of the paper but have it so they are all different lengths.
Print whatever you think on them like, For all your kind help you will recieve??? whatever like that.
Then roll then up really tight and secure them with ribbon, then tie a bigger piece of ribbon all the way around the bottom of the straws so they can't see the length of them.
All you need to do then is leave them with them and a little note saying thanks and enjoy, see who gets the short straw!

Now I really, really like that idea! think I may well do that! that is really cool. and I think that they would enjoy that more than if I just let them choose from the menu. plus, they could swap with each other.

Well i just thought we all like to have a bit fun, no matter how old we are. And we all like a treat.
I'm sure whatever you do hun will be gratefully appreciated by them all :hug:

Appreciation! Its great (and free) to give and lovely to receive, I dont see any need for embarrassment on anyones part, just tell them how you feel, give them a gift card or voucher (make it as professional looking as possible, PM me) they'll love it!!!!!

ღMandyღ;700192 said:

That sounds fabulous.

well thanks for the advice everyone, and the rep seany.

I made up a card on 'puter and personalised it, put inside that it was a lucky dip.
then made some little cards with treatment names written on them, Indian head, facial, hot stone massage, crystal therapy, reflexology with auricular acupuncture and 'anything from the treatment menu', I rolled them up and put them in an organza bag.
I gave it to the HD's and they had fun choosing the treatments and have all thanked me very nicely.

So, it was done without anyone feeling embarrassed, and, will hopefully give them a treat, and enthuse them to talk about their treatments to their clients.

I think thats a really nice gesture, nothing better than two small business's working together appreciatively.

Check your email Ann, just sent you something....

thank you so much Carl, I really appreciate the 'extras' I found in my inbox. Carl sent me a gift voucher jpeg and an avatar jpeg just cos he's so nice!

Latest posts

Back