Want to start a hair extension business, what to do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heffonikita

Reaction score
Going to keep this short, I have just turned 21 and have realized my time is waiting away from doing dead end jobs. Right now this is my situation, I work at 6am until 8am Monday to Friday cleaning a supermarket. I have never liked my jobs - ever, I am a positive person and I do try and make myself enjoy it but I'm honestly always miserable coming home. I have worked in a Deli, Cinema, Clothing Department Store - I can never see myself trying to climb up a ladder in any of these jobs, it just does not interest me, and now I have moved on to this cleaning job - until I go back to college in September to study Beauty and Spa Management.

It is a 4 year course and then I will get my degree but to be honest I was in college last year doing Social Care and hated that too :( only lasted 6 months and left before Christmas Exams began, I do have this urge that I might not like this course either because it is very practical. I don't know if this course will be much use to me I'm going to go and give it a go (I hope) I want to keep my options open.

I always find myself going back to what I really want to do and that is to start doing a hair extensions, I have planned this in my head months back, it feels like it would be an escape from my work and a new chapter that I can focus on, this is the last bit of hope that I'm clinging to college and this hair extension course, if nothing happens from both of them I literally do not know what to do

I get exciting thinking about owning a business and I feel that is truly what I am meant to do. I have a huge passion for business and beauty. In my spare time I sell clothes on depop and have built up a following I love that because it feels like I have a little business. I would love love to be my own boss, I read forums on this constantly and I am always watching Youtube videos on start up businesses etc, I really enjoy it and planning ahead. I've even thought about my aftercare for hair extensions I would like to come out with my own product of shampoo and condition that would have my label. I'm going to Dublin in December to do a course on the hair extensions. If anybody could try and guide me in a direction it would honestly be much appreciated I have no body else to turn to and ask thank you. xxx

It’s a busy working day, and some offer late night Thursdays too. I’m sure you’ll receive some replies soon though :)

It’s a busy working day, and some offer late night Thursdays too. I’m sure you’ll receive some replies soon though :)
Thank you x

Your best bet is avoiding courses that offer 5 methods in 2 days or the like in a hotel room. Unless you have a background in hair you'll struggle, and still many hairdressers struggle to pick it up. i did this at the beginning and spent a fortune retraining x

Latest posts

Back