want to train in gel nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
hello everyone:)

just thought id get some advice. im a qualified beautician and acrylic nail tech but am interested in training in gel nails:rolleyes:. ive been looking on the internet at training courses and kits and just wondered if any of you have any recommendations as to who to use. i currently use the edge for my acrylics and find the product ok, i have made enquires to them as well as bio sculpture, but just want a bit more advise before i got spending.

thanks, hope you can hlp:green:

louise x

I currently use NSI and i have been happy but i think my happiness was just ignorance in disguise i requested samples of a few other brands and i'd have to say NSI were the worst. The gel that EZ Flow does came out the best in my own personal trials.

This is just my opinion others may feel different and like i say i have used NSI for a few years now and it was good it was just curiosity that made me try a few others which then led me to see the light!

check out the gels and courses from LeChat UK - Nail Care Products

see some things you can do with the range on my website and my blogspot below.

a lot of brands offer sample items...

call them or email them, and if you can, visit a salon near you and ask if you can try... or go to trade shows, you often can check the products!!

I use Creative's Brisa and would recommend it to anyone.:)

I sampled a couple of other brands before plumping for Ezflow. I really enjoy working with it, but then I like using their products and techniques full stop. :)

hello everyone:)

just thought id get some advice. im a qualified beautician and acrylic nail tech but am interested in training in gel nails:rolleyes:. ive been looking on the internet at training courses and kits and just wondered if any of you have any recommendations as to who to use. i currently use the edge for my acrylics and find the product ok, i have made enquires to them as well as bio sculpture, but just want a bit more advise before i got spending.

thanks, hope you can hlp:green:

louise x
cathy smith is in bristol, educator for ezflow, why not pop in and see her before you committ, nice to try before you buy. [email protected], there are lots to choose from you nedd what is best for you

I need to do gels and going to go with Creative Brisa - trained with them for L&P's and was impressed with my training so going to continue with the best (IMO)

I love Light Elegance gel! In my opinion it out performs Brisa and anything else I have used. My clients love it and wont wear anything else. It's so versatile. The options are endless. They have the best gel polish too. LE recently updated their packaging. You should have seen my clients when they thought I started using something different. Lets just say they were very relieved to know it was still the same Light Elegance!:lol:

I use NSI at the moment but I am looking at changing to either Brisa or ezflow.

I love Light Elegance gel! In my opinion it out performs Brisa and anything else I have used. My clients love it and wont wear anything else. It's so versatile. The options are endless. They have the best gel polish too. LE recently updated their packaging. You should have seen my clients when they thought I started using something different. Lets just say they were very relieved to know it was still the same Light Elegance!:lol:

I'm loving Light Elegance too :)

I did my gel training at college with The Edge. I have to say I didn't rate the gel, and never looked as good with those using other products. I have done lots of research with both training and what my potential clients want and can't get round my area. I have therefore just paid for training with Biosculpture. This seems to be a very good product and the demand is quite high in my area. Obviously I can't recommend the training yet as its not until July, but I can say it is highly wanted in my area with no local therapists that I know of doing it. Before you chose a gel, do your research on clientele. if there is a demand for a certain brand and the training has been recommended then go for that one.

ive looked at biosculpture and know that is is supposed to be a very good product but the cost of training put me off abit, i know it will be worth it in the long run, but with two small children i cant afford to fork out over £500 at the moment. im also getting some info through from and ezflow trainer in bristol, have heard good things about this product and is abit cheaper than biosculpture to train. thanks for all you suggestions tho. still on the look out:lol:!!!!

LightElegance Nails & Beauty - the only gel you will ever need ... from an ex Bio Sculpture tech! I found Bio not to have the best customer service, hope this helps :)

i have just had a trial pack of akzente gel and i think it's brilliant, deff going to do conversion course xx

I use LeChat for my gels they are great. Fab team and great aftercare. x

I think you need to decide whether you want a soak-off or buff off gel.

I use Bio and Akzentz. I love Bio for the colour choice and Akzentz for the durability and their french stays very white since it's non-porous.

If I had to choose just one, I would go with the Akzentz buff-off. They also have a soak-off line, Options.

ETA: I am in Canada, but I have to say the Akzentz customer service is OUTSTANDING.

Last edited:
I think you need to decide whether you want a soak-off or buff off gel.

I use Bio and Akzentz. I love Bio for the colour choice and Akzentz for the durability and their french stays very white since it's non-porous.

If I had to choose just one, I would go with the Akzentz buff-off. They also have a soak-off line, Options.

ETA: I am in Canada, but I have to say the Akzentz customer service is OUTSTANDING.

I'd have to agree with everything you say there Alex. Bio you can't beat for quality and colour choice and Akzentz is tough, durable, and soooo lovely to work with.

I have had the pleasure of experiencing both their Canadian and UK customer service - and both are OUTSTANDING!!

I currently use NSI and i have been happy but i think my happiness was just ignorance in disguise i requested samples of a few other brands and i'd have to say NSI were the worst. The gel that EZ Flow does came out the best in my own personal trials.

This is just my opinion others may feel different and like i say i have used NSI for a few years now and it was good it was just curiosity that made me try a few others which then led me to see the light!

Nis have great gel kits i also love them,you can get sample kit to try them out.good luck.x

Latest posts

Back