Want to train in waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

effie

Reaction score
I'm currently doing nails but want to offer waxing also, where is the best place to train down south ?

Many thanks

The one and only Kim lawless!

Andy Roulliard at Axiom - aka The Wax Daddy ;)

Not one I've come across yet but will look into it, thanks
Try searching on here for Axiom... you'll find he wrote most of the articles on waxing probably lol

Andy is one of PRs ambassadors along side Kim - google him :) There is PLENTY to read lol

Sorry to jump in!
Has anyone done extreme waxing in the Yorkshire area? I can't seem to see anything on Kim's website!
Jo

Doing my training with Kim this week. Squeeee.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Could you let me know how you get on please

Kim Lawless without a doubt, the womans amazing xx

Could you let me know how you get on please

Yes will do. Start tomorrow and very excited.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Sorry to jump in!
Has anyone done extreme waxing in the Yorkshire area? I can't seem to see anything on Kim's website!
Jo
Hi Jo. I do try to travel around the UK to train as much as I can but what happens is that most people don't want to wait until I can come to their area, so they travel to me in Essex instead. I will try to come to Yorkshire again soon though but hopefully you'll get to me and see my lovely new training room which I should have moved into by about August time (fingers crossed). x

Hi Jo. I do try to travel around the UK to train as much as I can but what happens is that most people don't want to wait until I can come to their area, so they travel to me in Essex instead. I will try to come to Yorkshire again soon though but hopefully you'll get to me and see my lovely new training room which I should have moved into by about August time (fingers crossed). x

Hi Kim is Essex the nearest place for me to train? I live in Hampshire

I could possibly wait until August!! Ha! If not I may have to come to you!
Is it a one day course? Do I need kit? At the moment I only do warm wax so do I need to purchase hot wax kit prior to training?
Im really keen to do this type of training!! Spoke to your PA today & she said towards the end of the year :-(

I could possibly wait until August!! Ha! If not I may have to come to you!
Is it a one day course? Do I need kit? At the moment I only do warm wax so do I need to purchase hot wax kit prior to training?
Im really keen to do this type of training!! Spoke to your PA today & she said towards the end of the year :-(
We'll get in trouble with the mods if we take over this thread, so PM me. My courses are full for several months but that's because I put my heart and soul into them and they get full quickly. I hope you'll think it's worth the wait. PM me or contact my PA. x

Here's my testimonial :) 2009.
I travelled down to Essex with my long suffering model aka my daughter Kay.
Prior to the training Kim had emailed us a training manual which covered all the theory and a warning that if we didn't know it, we would not be waxing!
Kim ran through everything we should know before leading us to her work room. There were 4 of us and we got straight to it. (so glad I was wearing matching new underwear) With only one break for lunch we waxed eeevvveerything. Poor Kay, by the time we left she had the smallest landing strip left! naked arms, underarms, legs, bikini, beautiful brows, top lip, chin and so did the rest of us, Two of the ladies had waxing experience but neither I or the other lady had any experience, we started at 10am and finished about 5.30pm and I got the feeling that if we had needed it Kim would have sent for take out and carried on. But truly, we didn't. I came away that day confident in warm and hot wax techniques and with a short list of what I truly needed to get going.
There was an extra girl there that day, she had attended an earlier class and both she and Kim thought that she wasn't ready, so Kim had her come in for the morning for some extra practice.
Kim really loves what she does and it shows, at no time did I feel embarrassed or unsure, the time flew by and we had quiet a laugh.
Yes there was a down side!
The following day I could barely lift my arms to pick up a tea cup.
The lesson for that is; Never pick a fight with a professional waxier they have darn good muscle tone.
hth x

JoJo you look very pretty in your profile pic :) and your eyebrows look amazing!!

I am slightly obsessed with eyebrows, can I ask if they are cosmetic or pencilled or are you lucky enough to have that shape naturally??

Sx

JoJo you look very pretty in your profile pic :) and your eyebrows look amazing!!

I am slightly obsessed with eyebrows, can I ask if they are cosmetic or pencilled or are you lucky enough to have that shape naturally??

Sx
Thank you!! :)
I just tint, wax, trim & tweeze them regularly I offer it to my clients as 'Polished Brows' (my business name is Polished)
I were very interested in HD but simply can't spend that amount of money & the results I'm getting I and my clients are really happy with. I always fill my brows in with a dark brown eyeshadow using an angled brush from MAC
Thank you for your complements :)

i was just thinking how much i love jojo's brows but her eyes are gorgeous, so bright x

Latest posts

Back