want to work in funeral directors

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deehair

Reaction score
hi everybody im looking into working in funeral directors:eek::eek::eek: sending loved ones off looking
:smack::Grope::hug:

great it may be like a strange request but iv had this turn in career since starting my career path:) can anybody help with advice how to go about it coz when i have approached them they looked at me weird:rolleyes::rolleyes::Love:

i have 2 ladies who do this job...they love it and its very rewarding as it means so much to the families.

I have no idea why you would get strange looks asking at a funeral place as its what they do...??

I guess its like anything....write letters...telephone...keep eye out in jobs section in the paper.

good luck x

I think a lot of the funeral parlours do it themselves..............hence the deceased endng up looking like pantomime dames (including the guys).

I think it's an excellent idea and I would have some leaflets done explaining what you do. You could approach funeral parlours and give them a cut and you could get the papers to do an editorial as it's certainly something different. Just don't call yourself 'Dead Gorgeous'.

Good luck. xxx

I think a lot of the funeral parlours do it themselves..............hence the deceased endng up looking like pantomime dames (including the guys).

I think it's an excellent idea and I would have some leaflets done explaining what you do. You could approach funeral parlours and give them a cut and you could get the papers to do an editorial as it's certainly something different. Just don't call yourself 'Dead Gorgeous'.

Good luck. xxx

I think Dead Gorgeous is a FABULOUS name !!!

Angie,

Perhaps you could ask your ladies how they got in the job (what they did etc) and perhaps they can give Dee some advice that you can pass on.

Marlise

I love the name.. very fitting. and at least they would not complain:lol::lol::lol:

No really I think this is a fab idea, phone or drop in the the parlours what harm can it do

they have been in the business for years...family run.

Personally I wouldn't want to do this, but I think it's an excellent idea. A few years ago when we visited a family member (a really nice man) in the director's, he just didn't look the same, and it was quite distressing. I would think that if you had pictures of the client when they were at their best, and made them look similar for their send off, the family would really appreciate this. Good luck, wishing you much success with a fantastic idea.

thanx for some great ideas the reason for doing this is because iv experiance going to see a loved one who didnt look how he did before if anybody knows of any one in the industry then please ask them how they got in the door so to speak i will be grateful thanx denise

I was chatting to a close relative and she had been to the chapel of rest to see her aunt.

She then whispered to me
"I hope they don't let people see me with hairs on my chin like that".
Then she asked me" if she went before me would I pluck hers out for her?"
I suddenly had a tweezer visual :eek: and told her to bog off as Id be scared she would probably jump up and scream ouch at me

deehair could you pluck too?

i cant pluck coz im not qualified in that area :confused::eek: so i wouldent be insured to cover that side of industry i am intrested in camoflarge make up wot do think id have to do training for it:Grope:

i cant pluck coz im not qualified in that area :confused::eek: so i wouldent be insured to cover that side of industry i am intrested in camoflarge make up wot do think id have to do training for it:Grope:
I wouldn't worry..............it's not like they're gonna claim off you.

ha ha, I agree I wouldn't worry about not having insurance for plucking!!! but yes if you have a passion for camoflage then you are looking into the right industry. I cant believe you havn't had a favourable response from the funeral homes I would continue down this avenue surely someone will give you some advice (even if you have to spend time on the phone ringing outside your area) on how to go about getting the information/experience/training. If you wait for this to be advertised or for someone to approach you it is never going to happen. Dont give up and good luck.

I have done this for several clients..done their hair and plucked chin hair if necessary. It was a request by the family that they made to the funeral home.

But I am of no help as I am in the united states. :)

Hi dee hair When I asked you would you pluck out the hairs of a deceased person
I meant would you be scared to ? :eek: ( I know I would piddle my pants )

But whats confusing me is who would complain if you weren't qualified? :eek: and why would you need any insurance cover? who would sue you? :eek: and how ? :eek:
my mind is boggled now :confused:

Hi dee hair When I asked you would you pluck out the hairs of a deceased person
I meant would you be scared to ? :eek: ( I know I would piddle my pants )

But whats confusing me is who would complain if you weren't qualified? :eek: and why would you need any insurance cover? who would sue you? :eek: and how ? :eek:
my mind is boggled now :confused:

I suppose the family of the deceased, as its a very traumatic time if anything did go wrong you would want to know that your arse is covered.
This is a really stand up thing you are considering, while its not for everyone.. i know I would like to go out knowing i was going to look my best.. why spend years on my appearance only to find at my final curtain i had a hairy chin or worse ROOTS SHOWING!!
kudo's to you dee for actually thinking outside the box and i wish you every luck in your venture.. :hug:

I suppose the family of the deceased, as its a very traumatic time if anything did go wrong you would want to know that your arse is covered.
This is a really stand up thing you are considering, while its not for everyone.. i know I would like to go out knowing i was going to look my best.. why spend years on my appearance only to find at my final curtain i had a hairy chin or worse ROOTS SHOWING!!
kudo's to you dee for actually thinking outside the box and i wish you every luck in your venture.. :hug:

Hi
I think deehair could do well in this area (most people do think about how they may look.)
I suppose if you had some cards printed, you would gain some business ,
I think it would make some people feel better having arranged it all before popping off .

Looking at it from a business point of view though,
ladies in Beverly hills or Hollywood film stars would probably pay a lot for that type of work , Make up hair and nails , why not ?
:hug:

hi there can you please ask your friends how they managed to get to work i the funeral parlours im going to approuch the relies i think

Latest posts

Back