Wanting to try different brand demi/quasi/semi

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XxCxX

Reaction score
Hi! I have a lot of experience with matrix colours, they have all I have ever used. However I’m getting to a point where I’m falling out of love with there toners and would like to try something different. I feel like I know matrix inside out so moving to a different brand is a big leap. Please or you have any suggestions please help me out xx

If you want to stick with a number and letter system, you could try Goldwell, otherwise consider brands such as Wella and L’Oréal.
Most of the main colour houses have their colour manuals available online to download or as an App which is very handy. Also, there’s the related brands. Kadus comes from the Wella stable so is a similar product.

I’d start by checking out your wholesalers and see what colour training they offer. They often have short intro colour courses to explain the basics of a particular colour house. They’re not usually very expensive and can prove invaluable when you’re trying out a new brand.

I think it’s important to read the colour manual when you swap brands because for instance, a lot of people untrained in Wella choose the /1 thinking they’re choosing a cool ash neutralising tone but it isn’t designed to neutralise only subdue tone so they don’t get the results they’re expecting and blame the product.

I have used a few different brands but you do need to use the matching brand developers to get the best from the product, so maybe factor that into your budget.

Hi! I have a lot of experience with matrix colours, they have all I have ever used. However I’m getting to a point where I’m falling out of love with there toners and would like to try something different. I feel like I know matrix inside out so moving to a different brand is a big leap. Please or you have any suggestions please help me out xx
I would definitely look at wella colour touch, it has so much to offer, it's really versatile and providing you use it correctly, you're guaranteed results! Adds impeccable shine and leaves the hair in great condition.

Latest posts

Back