Warm blondes over ashy blondes Wella

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Halafihi101

Reaction score
Hi

I’m warming up my clients hair like the picture shown..
Her hair is level 10 atm and usually has it quite ashy.
I’m thinking colour touch 7/03 and 7/71 on her root and pull bits through with that, and then tone with 9/03 and 9/36 on her ends? Would this be ok? (All with 1.9% on wet hair)

I was also wondering, is 1.9% on wet the best thing to use for this? Would doing it on dry hair make it more permanent or will it not make a difference?

I sometimes feel like my colours don’t seem to last that long!

Attachments

• 28FC111A-3C1F-4D7F-9478-0CAC60442678.png
    28FC111A-3C1F-4D7F-9478-0CAC60442678.png
    5.4 MB · Views: 87
Hi

I’m warming up my clients hair like the picture shown..
Her hair is level 10 atm and usually has it quite ashy.
I’m thinking colour touch 7/03 and 7/71 on her root and pull bits through with that, and then tone with 9/03 and 9/36 on her ends? Would this be ok? (All with 1.9% on wet hair)

I was also wondering, is 1.9% on wet the best thing to use for this? Would doing it on dry hair make it more permanent or will it not make a difference?

I sometimes feel like my colours don’t seem to last that long!
Pre pig will help it last longer, also do you use an anti oxy conditioner after colours? This really helps :)

Pre pig will help it last longer, also do you use an anti oxy conditioner after colours? This really helps :)
Thanks ron, how would you prepig with this? I don’t want to put /3 perfection on this because I’m going to leave quite abit of blonde out?

what would you do? :)
and yes I use seal and care

Hi i always previously used on dry hair with the same thoughts as you but ive had more success with blending and not to mention those stray hairs you miss when its dry and much more product

Thanks ron, how would you prepig with this? I don’t want to put /3 perfection on this because I’m going to leave quite abit of blonde out?

what would you do? :)
and yes I use seal and care
Do you dilute your perfecton with water? If you dilute with the maximum amount of water. Do your colour as you described above. The perfecton is wash in wash out. So it should just wash straight off the lighter pieces you wnat to leave out. For added shine and better blending I'd apply it on damp hair. I find on dry hair the coverage is more dense / flat.

Thankyou!
I know your supposed to put perfection on dry hair but if I’m doing a colour touch root smudge would I wash the hair, put perfecton on, then apply colour touch over the top? I don’t have much experience with perfecton! :(

Thankyou!
I know your supposed to put perfection on dry hair but if I’m doing a colour touch root smudge would I wash the hair, put perfecton on, then apply colour touch over the top? I don’t have much experience with perfecton! :(
Yeah cleanse the hair first, towel dry, then put your perfecton on (smallest amount of perfection to the largest amount of water per mixing instructions) towel dry and then apply the colour touch :)

H2O acts as a filler in the hair & is usually only required when hair is super porous, freshly bleached lv.9+ or is a specific requirement to coloring product. The damp color application weakens the depositing pigments by diluting it's potency. Super porous damaged hair is known to soak up pigments quickly & "grabs" darker than on not so porous hair.

I personally would avoid all red pigment in the formula especially on the ends which generaly are more porous than the rest of the hair. If she has old ash based toner in the lengths best go for a 9.3/gold or a 9.03/ natural+gold depending on how much gold warmth your after through out the rest of length for even coloring throughout. Application to dry hair results in more pigment saturation, longer lasting coloring. Slightly damp application will result in more of a touch of pigment deposit.

Latest posts

Back