Warm brown to ash brown

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nee0890

Reaction score
Hi. I don’t know if i’m just confusing myself with this. So any advice would be great. I had a client who originally had bleach hair and wanted to go brown. I used a warm brown on the 6 line for the red undertones prevent it going a green colour. She called today to say she doesn’t like the red tones. So I was thinking of putting a colour touch 7/71 on top to try counteract the red tones coming through. But not take it any darker. Am I thinking along the right lines?

Hi. I don’t know if i’m just confusing myself with this. So any advice would be great. I had a client who originally had bleach hair and wanted to go brown. I used a warm brown on the 6 line for the red undertones prevent it going a green colour. She called today to say she doesn’t like the red tones. So I was thinking of putting a colour touch 7/71 on top to try counteract the red tones coming through. But not take it any darker. Am I thinking along the right lines?
I would gently cleanse the hair first and actually use ct 7/1.
/1 isn't actually green which is what you'd need to flatten it right out.
/1 in wella is actually silver with a green undertone.
This this would work well to subdue a little of the warmth.
If you used 7/71 it would still be adding a mild copper tone, as the /7 tone is basically a muted copper. Hope this makes sense.

Makes total sense. Thank you so much. X

I would gently cleanse the hair first and actually use ct 7/1.
/1 isn't actually green which is what you'd need to flatten it right out.
/1 in wella is actually silver with a green undertone.
This this would work well to subdue a little of the warmth.
If you used 7/71 it would still be adding a mild copper tone, as the /7 tone is basically a muted copper. Hope this makes sense.

Looking at the wella colour renew. Have you ever tried that reads like it’s a gentle remover. What’s your thoughts?

Latest posts

Back