Warm oil manicure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisa pink

Reaction score
Hi geeks got my last assessment on weds at college got to do a warm oil manicure can't find anything in my notes for that one I've done paraffin wax already. Can any one run through this routine for me please :)

When i did my level 2 we had to file, buff, cuticle work but instead of water use oil and no cuticle products.. finish the cuticle work and massage with the left over oil squeak clean the nail and paint. Hope this is the same as your college and good luck with the assessment!! xx

Thankyou for speedy reply :)

Hi geeks got my last assessment on weds at college got to do a warm oil manicure can't find anything in my notes for that one I've done paraffin wax already. Can any one run through this routine for me please :)

Crikey haven't don't a warm oil treatment since I did my level 2 training yrs ago but this was how I was trained, place oil in small bowl or mani dish then place bowl under heat lamp to keep at correct temp.

Everything is pretty much same routine as your paraffin wax other than nails/ cuticles are placed in oil for recommended time to give a luxurious moisturising treatment. Use the oil to massage as well.

Remember to fully remove any oil residue prior to painting or the polish wont adhere to the nail plate correctly.

It's a shame that more people don't do them , water is horrible for nails!
Oil manicures are far more beneficial!

Dose not look Brill but the quick soak off bowl is fab for this as it has hot water under it, lol

But any double bowle one large with hot water (can add stones , glass beads , rose petals ) and then smaller bowl in the hot water with the oil in .

So do I soak in water after I file or straight in to oil ? Do I exfoliate after cuticle work or leave that and go straight to massage sorry for sounding stupid :)

So do I soak in water after I file or straight in to oil ? Do I exfoliate after cuticle work or leave that and go straight to massage sorry for sounding stupid :)

If you wear not using warm oil and you wear doing it with a hand soak , what order would you do it in? X

dont use water, and dont exfoliate - this is just how i was taught years ago. your college may do things differently. check that you didnt cover this on a day you were off as only you lecturer or course mates can really tell you the right way for your college!

Thankyou for your replies I think I must of been away that day I'll ask one of my class mates :)

Latest posts

Back