Warm wax to pick up more hairs - photo attached

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Momma bear

Reaction score
Hi. I currently use lotus essentials tea tree Creme wax from salons direct because it’s reasonably priced. . But I find it leaves hairs behind on customers. It won’t pick up the smaller stubby hairs, which aren’t even that small to be honest. I find I’m having to wax over areas again and still not getting them. Maybe because they are stronger hairs after shaving? I’ve attached a photo to show what I mean. I believe I’m applying and removing the wax correctly so don’t think it’s broken hairs ?
Can someone please recommend a wax that will remove most hairs on foray application ? I’m desperate for a good wax but don’t want to buy lots and lots for trial purposes only. Xx

And if it’s a case of these hairs being left behind because the clients are previous shavers , should I just leave them there or tweeze them ? Seems too much hair to tweeze?. Or should I advise client that the situation will improve after a few waxes when all hair is on same growth cycle ? Just worried about saying this when in reality maybe it’s just a rubbish wax I’m using.

Last edited:
5d657b2a6866ccd2e9ce70e5a0ab7160.jpg

Can anyone offer any advice please ?? X

These missed hairs look well under 2mm long. Personally I wouldn't stress about them. Have a waxing advice section on your website explaining about minimum hair length and how long you should wait after shaving for a good result.

When you prep the skin check for short hairs. Talk to your client - tell her that if they are too short to be gripped with the pads of the fingers (not nails) then they are too short to be waxed. Tell her that all of the hairs that you wax will be gone for 3 weeks as it will take 3 weeks to regrow to the surface of the skin. Any hairs emerging before then were too short or not "out" on the day of the wax. Tell her to return at monthly intervals so that you can wax off the hairs removed 1st time and also any missed hair from the 1st time. Tell her that over 3-4 monthly waxes without in between shaving her hair growth cycle will adjust so that she has great results for 3 weeks with hair emerging on the surface of the skin in the 3-4 week ready to be waxed at week 4.

Explain the importance of regular exfoliating and moisturising in order to help make sure that all the hairs are "out" and long enough for future waxing appointments. I sometimes wax a strip and ask the client if she's happy with the result or would like to reschedule.

Whether you tweeze or not is up to you. Keep an eye on the clock. Don't go much over time. I usually tweeze a few hairs and then straighten up and repeat the aftercare advice.

These missed hairs look well under 2mm long. Personally I wouldn't stress about them. Have a waxing advice section on your website explaining about minimum hair length and how long you should wait after shaving for a good result.

When you prep the skin check for short hairs. Talk to your client - tell her that if they are too short to be gripped with the pads of the fingers (not nails) then they are too short to be waxed. Tell her that all of the hairs that you wax will be gone for 3 weeks as it will take 3 weeks to regrow to the surface of the skin. Any hairs emerging before then were too short or not "out" on the day of the wax. Tell her to return at monthly intervals so that you can wax off the hairs removed 1st time and also any missed hair from the 1st time. Tell her that over 3-4 monthly waxes without in between shaving her hair growth cycle will adjust so that she has great results for 3 weeks with hair emerging on the surface of the skin in the 3-4 week ready to be waxed at week 4.

Explain the importance of regular exfoliating and moisturising in order to help make sure that all the hairs are "out" and long enough for future waxing appointments. I sometimes wax a strip and ask the client if she's happy with the result or would like to reschedule.

Whether you tweeze or not is up to you. Keep an eye on the clock. Don't go much over time. I usually tweeze a few hairs and then straighten up and repeat the aftercare advice.

Thank you so much for replying and breaking down the advice I should give too. It’s super helpful. Yes, keeping an eye on the clock is a big one for me! I think a lot of clients come in after shaving and expect to be completely smooth after the first wax Xx

Latest posts

Back