Warm waxing an area twice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ginalhaytonxx

Reaction score
Can you do this? At college we were told we can wax the same area twice then tweeze any hairs that remain but I've seen posts on here where people are saying you should only warm wax the area once? & can you use oil under warm wax or is this just for hot wax?thanks
:) x

It really depends on what warm wax you use... if you use a wax like PR or Berins then you use oil under it and you can go over an area twice - if you use a wax like Hive rollers then you use talc like directed on the product and no I wouldn't go over an area twice personally...

With a little oil on the skin I would say yes. We live in the real world and sometimes you have to. This becomes less and less the more experienced you become but still, sometimes it is necessary. I tend only to put wax on the hairs that are left rather than cover the whole area again though. :D

I would agree, i dont think there is a problem going over an area twice whether you are using hard or cream wax as long as you make sure there is enough oil to create the barrier and i would have a closer eye out to make sure the skin isnt irritated.

If you have clients with dry skin you need to watch out but if you are generally careful and stick to your routine then you should be fine.

I hope we can because I've been doing it for years without any problem.

I always keep a close eye on the area that I need to go over and make sure it's stretched and that the strip isn't loaded with wax.

I was told at college not to re apply wax, if I miss a few I re apply the strip give it a rub and yank off though! ;-)
So basically the same thing! If you think about it some areas are always waxed twice, When you apply the wax in rows the edges are always waxed twice, they are when I do it anyway! To make sure you don't miss anything, I absolutely love waxing, it's got to be my favourite service! That might be cause I'm slightly cruel though!! Lol xx

Latest posts

Back