Warm waxing/paraffin waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hezmarie68

Reaction score
Hi

I am new to this site and just completed a nail course/manicure/ped etc. We briefly touched on paraffin waxing as an additional treatment for clients but could I use the same heater for warm waxing (hair removal) as for the paraffin wax?

Any comments welcome and thanks all for taking the time to help me!
Heather x

Hi Heather,

If you have the 500cc heater that you place the wax tubs in, then yes you can.

You can buy tubs of paraffin wax (same size as the wax tubs) that you can heat up in the heater and the brush on the clients hands and feet using a brush.

If you actually want to dip their hands and feet into paraffin, you would have to invest in a paraffin bath.

HTH's

Marlise

you can also do it with the 1000cc wax heaters, you just need a seperate inner container, you know the metal ones, i cant think what they call them. They cost about £7 to buy seperately.

The only disadvantage is, if our busy then you dont have time to swap them over and let them melt each time you want to use them.

So i would be tempted to buy a small wax heater, capital sell little orange ones for about £18 and just keep a little bit in there, id say there would be enough in it for hands and feet possibly more. and if you have paraffin wax pellets you can just keep topping it up!

you can also do it with the 1000cc wax heaters, you just need a seperate inner container, you know the metal ones, i cant think what they call them. They cost about £7 to buy seperately.

The only disadvantage is, if our busy then you dont have time to swap them over and let them melt each time you want to use them.

So i would be tempted to buy a small wax heater, capital sell little orange ones for about £18 and just keep a little bit in there, id say there would be enough in it for hands and feet possibly more. and if you have paraffin wax pellets you can just keep topping it up!

And that's another way of doing it :lol:

Marlise

yes you can usually fit a wax pot in a heater hths xxx

Hi Katelisa

So I can just leave the wax in there and then re heat it? Thanks everyone for your help. This site is wonderful. x

Yep, but it will take about 20 mins to melt if its in a solid block. If your mobile it might be a bit of a pain, although by the time your ready to use it you will have already been manicuring / pedicuring for abou 20 mins anyay.

But then theres the fact you will have melted wax sitting in the boot of your car!! I once had a massive wax accident in my boot, i wasnt impressed!! lol.

If your ina salon just flick it on in the morning and leave it on low temperature.

I am in a salon. Many thanks for your help. Take care x

Latest posts

Back