Warm waxing question...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AVW

Reaction score
Hi there, I have been out of beauty for a while, and when I used to do waxing I cleaned the skin, then used talc to stop the wax sticking to the skin. However, I notice from this great site (which I am also getting adicted to) that people suggest putting oil on the skin prior to the wax - I assume this is to prevent pulling the skin too much? Is there a specific type of oil, would this not then prevent the wax from sticking to the hairs... and would you use oil on legs, underarms and face?

Many thanks
A

Hi there, I have been out of beauty for a while, and when I used to do waxing I cleaned the skin, then used talc to stop the wax sticking to the skin. However, I notice from this great site (which I am also getting adicted to) that people suggest putting oil on the skin prior to the wax - I assume this is to prevent pulling the skin too much? Is there a specific type of oil, would this not then prevent the wax from sticking to the hairs... and would you use oil on legs, underarms and face?

Many thanks
A

No it doesn't stop the wax sticking to the hairs and yes I use oil every where - I use it both for my warm and hot wax - I don't know if it would work with cheaper waxes but Berins, PR and I think Lycon (don't use and haven't tried so hard to comment) are meant to be used with a very thin layer of oil under the wax. In theory I guess any good quality oil could be used but PR and Berins both recommend a Yasmin oil, I use this and wouldn't go back to talc if you paid me now...

Its the same as Tinxy for me also I use a pre wax oil underneath all my waxes and I also use the oil at the end to pick up any residual wax and it moisturises the skin really well.

Most wax brands have a range of pre and post wax products that work well with their brand and also you can really use any oil underneath your wax.

Get a few samples of different ones I see which works best for you.

Jack

Many thanks, that is great, I will definitely try the oil.
A

I use Lycon and live in a humid climate so I use a light dusting of talc which works wonders for me and my clients. I've tried to use pre waxing oil in the past (very light application) but found it didn't work so well. X

Latest posts

Back