Warm weather trouble with L&P

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlitterPink

Reaction score
Hi all, I need some help please! I have been having trouble with acrylics, will the warm weather affect the harding time? I've changed from a medium speed to slow, but it still seems difficult to pat, pull and press. What am I doing wrong please x

You're not doing anything wrong, the hot weather is your enemy.

A couple of options..

work slightly wetter, not massively or you will screw up your mix ratio and have service breakdown.

Work quicker, I'm not being rude or flippant, but try working faster, its easy to used to the speed of the product in normal circumstances and faff a little. If you know you have less time you can be more precise with your brush.

Cool your monomer, no don't put it in the fridge, but set your dappen dish in a small dish of cold water. Some techs are freezing their dappen dish in a shallow container of water over night ready for the next day.

You will also find your monomer will evaporate quicker and you'll use more.

In readiness for the winter, you will have the opposite problem and the nails will take longer to cure and your monomer may crystallise.

That's brilliant, thank you so much 😊

God this thread has just brought back memories of anxiety with summer and winter. I used to work in a very hot salon and the problems you had with acrylic setting too quick was crazy, and similar in winter working far too long on each nail while the acrylic slipped down....however it definitely gave me experience and now I automatically know how wet to go depending on temp. You will too soon, it’s all a learning experience and it’s funny how your subconscious kicks in

I was getting so stressed about it! Cooler today so not such a problem, beginning to dread warm days lol

Latest posts

Back