SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flutter.hairstudio

Reaction score
Hey y’all
Natural Level 7 in front/6 rest
minimal grey in front only
Every color combo ALWAYS comes out too warm and then turns warmer as time passes
hair is balayaged with ends being at about a level 8 into 9 neutral blonde-but quite often ashy becasue of purple shampoo to tone out the brass on top
IDEAL Level 7 not ash just not wam. Client has very red ski tone and any warmth makes her appear MUCH more red so cool is the key!
Have Tried
Loreal Cool Cover level 6
Keven Murphy 6.1 with blue
Goldwell all ash
Joico...
The list goes on!
I would love to be able to do a root touch up cover the greys pull something down over the rest of the warmer light brown up until the blonde ends to get it a more consistent and NOT warm result. Willing to go a bit darker if can achieve a cool look but not too dark!! (He baby hairs around the hairline are a level 8 greys are pure white...... Not opposed to ANYTHING!!!! Please give me all your wonderful and smart ideas!!!

Is it orange warmth or gold warmth
pulling through?

It’s both unfortunately. There is some older highlights that have been covered ...

Is the client a natural strawberry blonde level 7, pale skin type?

If so, you have to bleach then tone as tint won’t lift out the underlying red/copper tones adequately.

Just a thought I watched a vid on youtube recently on the effects of soft water on coloured hair can make much more warm than expected .Also could you get away with using a lower peroxide it might help.

Latest posts

Back