Warned my first client tonight

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChicUnique

Reaction score
Hi geeks :) not a question as such hence why I posted here rather than the nail forum, just to share my experience..... I had words with one of my clients tonight, granted it was my mum, I've been doing her nails every 2 weeks since I qualified and she's the only person that suffers from a lot (I mean a lot) of lifting etc, it was so bad tonight I soaked her l&p off and was horrified at how dry her nails were underneath. She does not follow aftercare advice at all, and always says 'it'll be fine'. But tonight I lost my temper a bit, and she was warned to start looking after her enhancements or I will take them off and refuse to do them anymore. She looked a bit shocked but has promised to look after them, and I gave her some oil to apply daily and (yet another) aftercare sheet.

I feel a bit bad for telling off my own mum. But i also feel I was justified and it felt sort of good, and I think now because I managed to tell her off, I would manage to do the same to any other naughty clients haha xx

Don't feel bad my mother & I have words at every treatment she never follows aftercare, turns up late adds more treatments on when I have no time and the worst of all she seems to think that she can tell me how to do my job lol

However I look at this as great customer service training , if I can deal with her I can deal with anyone ;-) and if I can take criticism from then who I can I take it from x

You say you gave her oil to apply daily, did she not already have some then?

My mums never late. But she only gets specific dates/times that doesn't get in the way of paying customers (which she's fine with) although she did add on extra last night lol cheeky. Haha your right it was great training for me!!

I had tried to give her oil at every other appointment and she wouldn't take it, and said she had some somwehere. But she had no option last night it was forced on her. Should of done it earlier than I did. Mums eh? Lol xx

Mums indeed!
I gave mine some SwissDermyl nourishing cream and she told me, a few weeks later, that she was convinced it was nothing more than aqueous cream!

I gave my mum a right telling off about not using solar oil with Shellac, she wanted enhancements on for a while so I agreed but harassed her, hounded her and she used it umpteen times a day while she had enhancements on. She then picked them off (!!!) felt terrible so used it even more for a few days and used rubber gloves when washing up etc - basically did all the things she was supposed to do. When she came back and confessed her crime she said 'yes but look how healthy they still look" - umm, yes Mum, I've been telling you for ages that it's great stuff! Don't need to convince me love!!

At least she believes me now :)

Ive been telling my mum off for the past 17 years about actually looking after her hair and using good products etc on it.
Does she listen??
Nope !!!
I once refused to colour or cut her hair because shed been chopping at it and used a box colour saying it was because i was busy!!!
I ended up giving in (shes very stubborn my mum!!)
x

So glad I'm not the only one haha :) xx

At least all of your mums let you treat them! Mine always makes an excuse- you should of seen her the first time I gave her a spray tan, you'd of thought I was taking her to the gas chamber!

Mums eh? x

Latest posts

Back