warning - banned from facebook

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicky's nails

Reaction score
well guys this is just a little warning, following on form the other facebook thread where someone said advertise your business on the marketplace, i did just that and yesterday my facebook account was banned, as i had voilated the terms and conditions (someone reported me):rolleyes:

So if any of you have advertised your self on there, i suggest you remove it immediatly, i have just had an email now explaining what id done wrong, because i honestly didnt know why id been banned, so they will re-instate my account today, but if i get another warning the account will be terminated:eek::eek:

so apparantly as quoted in the email from facebook

Facebook reserves the right to remove listings that violate the Marketplace Guidelines and/or Facebook's Terms of Use. Facebook prohibits users from posting listings to promote a business or brand. We remove joke listings, as well as those that are miscategorized, irrelevant, or do not advertise an actual, legitimate product. Services may not be advertised on Facebook.

If a listing is removed for any of these reasons, no refund will be issued. Unfortunately, for both technical and security reasons, Facebook cannot provide further information about the removed content. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Please refrain from posting content that violates our Terms in the future. If you would like more information on content prohibited in Marketplace, please feel free to read Facebook's
Marketplace Guidelines.

Thanks for contacting Facebook,

Ryann

just a heads up girlies, get your adverts off there

hths xxx

Very interesting nicky, im sure plenty of geeks will be glad of the warning :hug:

oh i say!!

they are sure on the ball with it then if you havnt been registered long!

i know, only used marketplace 2 weeks ago, so its been spotted right away,

things is im sure i checked the terms and conditions and it said you could advertise? but maybe i missed it, you know how easy it is with small print to skip over things

anyway ive seen loads of adverts for businesess on there, and there is a other nail tech in my network advertising , so think she might be the one who 'grassed' on me , nevermind, ive had few enquiries from local sites now anyway, so will use them in future xxx

ive had my business on market place since october and i also set up a group so i could post members special offers.

well just be careful then hun, in case your account gets suspended like mine

i advertised on there too, but have removed it now :lol:

whoops

off to remove mine:eek:

seems lots of peeps have advertised on there too, oh well nevermind eh xxxx

someone else on my friends list on facebook, has just messaged me to say she'd had hers removed too, so they must be starting to toughen up?

but although they said they removed it they hadnt, and she got another warning, so has deleted it herself and had murder with them to sort her account out,

so be careful xx

Latest posts

Back