Warning clients of long treatment times!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becca@PolishedToPerfection

Reaction score
I've got my first l&p client tomorrow and she wants French acrylics. I only use natural tips and I sculpt on them and I take forever!! It takes me about 3 hours to do one hand on myself!!! I'm hoping I will be quicker than this on someone else as its a lot harder doing them on yourself! I want to let my client know I might take a while in case she's got other things to do but I'm not sure how to word it! I don't want to put her off by thinking I'm new or not very good but I think its only fair to let her know. Has anyone got any ideas how to word it? Xx

Sent from my Lenovo B8000-F using SalonGeek mobile app

I was the same when I first started though I used to use white tips on clients until I was confident enough with my timings to sculpt them! :)
I normally say something like this..
"Just checking your not in a rush to go anywhere after this appointment?
The timings for Acrylics can vary from client to client so it might be a bit longer than you expect as I am very thorough with my work. I like them to look as perfect as possible! Is that alright with you?"
I used to say something along those lines and never had a problem with it.
You will be surprised it is much easier doing a set on someone else than on yourself!
Also remember...be supper thorough with prep and make sure to remove all the cuticle from the nail plate and properly dehydrate and prime the nail before applying acrylic ;)
Good Luck and would love to see a picture of the end result :D
Xxxxxx

I am just in the process of getting my time down. Im now at 2 1/2 hours which I thought I would never get to. I charged a cheaper rate until I got my speed up. I think it's sooooo important you explain you have just finished your training so it takes approx 4 hours to do a set of nails is this ok? Trust me there is nothing more off putting when your client speaks about time it completely knocks your confidence if your honest and explain your new you will feel a lot more relaxed and you will do a better job. Maybe stop half way through to get them a cuppa so they can move and you can take a breather. You will be a lot quicker with clients than on urself. If you offer a cheaper rate and get as much practice as you can dont worry if your about 4 hours thats average for just starting. My first full set was about 5 hours ha ha xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I was the same when I first started though I used to use white tips on clients until I was confident enough with my timings to sculpt them! :)
I normally say something like this..
"Just checking your not in a rush to go anywhere after this appointment?
The timings for Acrylics can vary from client to client so it might be a bit longer than you expect as I am very thorough with my work. I like them to look as perfect as possible! Is that alright with you?"
I used to say something along those lines and never had a problem with it.
You will be surprised it is much easier doing a set on someone else than on yourself!
Also remember...be supper thorough with prep and make sure to remove all the cuticle from the nail plate and properly dehydrate and prime the nail before applying acrylic ;)
Good Luck and would love to see a picture of the end result :D
Xxxxxx

That sounds fab thank you! I am such a perfectionist when it comes to prep and filing into shape. I go back and file about 3 times until I'm happy! Lol will post a pic when I'm done :) xx

I am just in the process of getting my time down. Im now at 2 1/2 hours which I thought I would never get to. I charged a cheaper rate until I got my speed up. I think it's sooooo important you explain you have just finished your training so it takes approx 4 hours to do a set of nails is this ok? Trust me there is nothing more off putting when your client speaks about time it completely knocks your confidence if your honest and explain your new you will feel a lot more relaxed and you will do a better job. Maybe stop half way through to get them a cuppa so they can move and you can take a breather. You will be a lot quicker with clients than on urself. If you offer a cheaper rate and get as much practice as you can dont worry if your about 4 hours thats average for just starting. My first full set was about 5 hours ha ha xxx

I'm hoping it will take me less than 3 hours but if its not right I won't rush it. I'd rather spend 5 hours doing a good job than 2 hours rushing it and not be happy with them. I'll time myself and let you know lol xx

I took 4 hours for a few sets then started coming down each time. Dont be put off by clients wriggling and saying they have a numb bum. Just focus on doing a good job and they do come back. I would say at the end that I have a few more sets booked in so by the time you need another appointment I will be quicker. Plus they will have infills/rebalance so will be quicker again :). I almost gave up on L&P then 1 day it just clicked it was the way I was using my brush I found a better way for me :). Looking forward to seeing some pics xxx

I took 4 hours for a few sets then started coming down each time. Dont be put off by clients wriggling and saying they have a numb bum. Just focus on doing a good job and they do come back. I would say at the end that I have a few more sets booked in so by the time you need another appointment I will be quicker. Plus they will have infills/rebalance so will be quicker again :). I almost gave up on L&P then 1 day it just clicked it was the way I was using my brush I found a better way for me :). Looking forward to seeing some pics xxx

Her appointment is at 1 and I'm getting more nervous by the minute!!! :( I'm not a very confident person as it is and find it hard to find things to talk about with certain people. I keep thinking what am I going to talk about for 2, 3, 4 hours??? I probably sound really silly lol I need to get over my nerves! Xx

Her appointment is at 1 and I'm getting more nervous by the minute!!! :( I'm not a very confident person as it is and find it hard to find things to talk about with certain people. I keep thinking what am I going to talk about for 2, 3, 4 hours??? I probably sound really silly lol I need to get over my nerves! Xx

I was exactly the same when I started about 10yrs ago it's frustrating because you want them to be perfect! I did get my timing down to 1/half, I've just started again & now it's taking me a good 3hrs I can't believe it! I'm trying to do as many as I can to get my timing back down. It will come down the more you do & confidence you build xx

Good luck!!
I would be the same, L&P scares me to death, a girl I work with wanted L&P for her hols, I told her how long it would take me (going on 4hours) and she said she didn't have time to sit around that long and that she only expected it to take 1 hour (?!), so she's opted for Shellac instead and I'm even stressing about that!

Sure you'll be fine, I struggle to make conversation and do enhancements at the same time. Suppose we've all gotta start somewhere don't we!

xxx

There doesnt have to be constant convetsation some quiet spells are ok. I put the radio on it brakes the silence and also the news gives you something to speak about. I have often started conversations with the news from the radio. I find clients do an awful lot of the speaking I think they sometimes think your an agony aunt its brilliant. Just stay as calm as you can I think thats half the battle I was super nervous with any enhancement I still am a little my worse freak out was my friend because I knew she got them a lot so knew what to expect I done a rubbish job just because of my nerves. Just dont stress about time always better to over estimate if they dont want to sit for the length of time then they are not the best client for you to practice on. You need someone with patients and that will understand its going to take a while it will make you feel more at ease. If you have everything you need all sorted out at your table so you are organised thats a good start get the radio on ask questions about themselves and you will be fine :) watch your enhancement dvd's and you tube videos helps :)
Xxx

Don't worry too much about the timing get them to look good first and as you see how good you are u will get more confident faster. My first set she had to leave to fetch her son from school and come back for me to finish off coz I went over time:D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back