Warning Ladies/Gents! - Scam! Please read

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just had a call asking me if I would like to advertise in surgery booklet blah blah blah.

Thing is I'm a patient at the surgery he was talking about, they've just had new booklets printed so I knew the call was a scam. I have now blocked the number.

Never do business like this with a cold call.

I hate these people, trying to take our hard earned cash.

Oh gosh that is awful.

I have become smart to people like this after receiving about 20 calls from a claims company wanting to help me get compensation for my recent car accident (I have never been in a car accident -touch wood).
Now if I think that its a scam, I just say oh I'm moving due to husbands work and the minute they hear the army thats the call ended.
It's worked so far, just hope it keeps working.

I would call the local police office and let them know about whats happening to you, just in case they know or don't know about the scam.

Lynda, just ignore it.

It's a scam and so it's irrelevant what you agreed to over the phone.

They are not providing a bona fide service so they cannot sue you for breach of contract.

If they ring again, tell them you are recording the call and will pass the information to your local police, then put down the phone.

:hug:

thank you:)x

I had a phone call like this a paid them £170, to advertise in there book, never got the book and they ring every couple of months doing new ones and I said no this time. I always fall for these scams I'm too naive, I'm in Essex so it must be here to x

This is still unfortunately going on I had a phone call asking if I would like to advertise in a booklet by the police. I said no but did not realise it was a scam until i read this so glad I said no now. I have report the number they left me and details to the police.

my other half is a policeman so when i got a phone the other day i pass it to him what a laugh scum bags lol :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back