*Warning* Woolwich bank phishing email.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkmummy

Reaction score
Hi all,
Be aware there is a fraudulent email circulating today, supposedly from the woolwich bank.
They say they are updating software and for you to click a link to confirm your details. You should never do this for any bank.
We don't even bank with the Woolwich, so I rang them, it's a big problem for them today.
Anyone receiving one of these emails, don't click on the link, forward it to:
[email protected] (They own the Woolwich)

I get these sort of things all the time - they come to my email address off my website, and I can't think of a 'bank' that I haven't had one for!

Basically never, ever follow any link that is given to you by an email (or ebay or paypal for that matter) and input account details. No bank will ever ask you to do that by email. If you check any bank's website nowadays there are warning re these kind of mails and guarantees that they won't do that.

And anyway.....why would they? They know them anyway! Its the fraudsters that don't!

I've had terrible problems with the Woolwich and wouldn't click anything they sent me anyway but I am grateful for this info as i can tend to be a little too curious sometimes. Or is that nosey?

Teri x:hug:

Latest posts

Back